Sumup account error

SamRS

Keep getting similar errors when trying to process a payment through sumup. 

I have tried deleting the sumup payment from the back office and reconnecting to my account. 

I also deleted the sumup app from the tablet and went to download from the playstore again but says it wasn't compatible with the tablet even though I got the pos three weeks ago. 

So downloaded an earlier sumup version from an apk website but still getting the errors. 

Any help welcome as literally only got the system several weeks ago. 

IMG-20240203-WA0005.jpg

Hello,

In this situation, we recommend contacting Sumup customer support as the error message you are seeing is displayed from their side.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi SmaRS, same error message here. Worked perfectly in our trial but a few weeks after going live the same error message as you, Transactions do complete though, both in SumUp and Loyverse suggesting this is the transaction outcome message that used ot pop-up. A bit worrying if the transaction failed ... how would we know. I did contact Sumup and logged the error. They are usually very prompt to reply. Not heard anything in 3 weeks, not even a diagnosis suggestion. Will be chasing.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

By way of an update, SumUp claim to have fixed this Code 503 problem which was related to technical issues in their server(s). From my perspective the specific 503 error message has moved to a more generic "Unexpected error" which occurs for about half our credit card transactions. Do others see the same?

Screenshot 2024-03-23 145843.png

Hello,

You can try disconnecting the Sumup payment type in the Back Office settings and then reconnecting it again after.

Otherwise, we recommend contacting Sumup customer support.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shinjin,

I updated to SumUp v2.64 and Loyverse 2.3.6 and then disconnected and reconnected as you suggest and by that combination the "Unexpected error" did not occur in a few test transactions. Monday trading will be the real test but I have some confidence.

HOWEVER, card refunds are broken. I'll create a new thread as it's a different issue.

• Thanks 1