Container inventory on takeout items

CoffeeNotes

Is there a way to include the container only on takeout orders as a component of a composite item? For example the cups on a coffee order, so i can view the stock levels. I would like to include a paper cup when a coffee is ordered and the dining option is takeout, but not when the same drink is ordered for sit down.

Or am I overcomplicating this, and this is something I could just simply manage manually? 

Hello! 

In this case, there are three solutions: 

1. Creating two composite items "Coffee" and "Coffee takeout", both will have the same components but the coffee takeout will include the container ("paper cup") also. 

2. Adding the paper cup as a separate item to the ticket manually. 

3. Adding paper cup as a modifier, but this way, the stock of the container can only be tracked by using "sales by modifier" report. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelika said:

Hello! 

In this case, there are three solutions: 

1. Creating two composite items "Coffee" and "Coffee takeout", both will have the same components but the coffee takeout will include the container ("paper cup") also. 

2. Adding the paper cup as a separate item to the ticket manually. 

3. Adding paper cup as a modifier, but this way, the stock of the container can only be tracked by using "sales by modifier" report. 

Thanks. Those workarounds will work.

But I think this is something that the developers can look at. A restaurant can configure different container options, and when the dining option is selected, the appropriate container charges (if applicable) and inventory counts (for containers) are added up. I often run into the problem of not ordering our take away cups on time, and since they are custom branded, I need the advance warning to make sure that we are on top of it. Relying on our staff to remember to flag this has proven to be unreliable.

I'd love to hear the thoughts of other coffee shop / cafe / restaurant operators on this one?