Sumup Configuration

SailingWSC

Just recently, within the past couple of weeks, addition steps have been added to Sumup card payments. I don't know if this is the result of someone changing the configuration here or a change made by Sumup or Loyverse.

After selecting card payment, a screen opens asking if its Card Reader or Payments Link. Having selected Card Reader, the system then scans for the card reader and a screen asks to confirm the Card Reader serial number. Having confirmed the last 3 digits of the card reader, the system then allows the card payment.

This takes an age and is much more complicated than before and we desperately need to get back to the old settings.

Another post suggested that such issues could be due to out-of-date apps and I have updated both the SumUp and Loyverse apps.

Best Regards

Eric Strudwick
(Not for profit organisation)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

We too have been having this problem recently.  Have uninstalled Sumup app, reinstalled and all worked correctly for a few days but now back to asking to confirm card reader every time 😞  can anyone from either company tell us what is happening please?????

That's bad news for me. Yesterday, I deleted the app and all references in Loyverse Backoffice and it worked ok.  But now I am wondering if it will go wrong again as Sheila has reported.

Hello,
Could you please tell us which version of the Loyverse POS app and Sumup app you are using on your device?

This might also happen if you share the same Sumup card reader between different POS devices or if the card terminal runs out of battery.

We will be waiting for your feedback.

Hi,

Can't tell you at the moment as we are not open every day however I can say that we only have one pos device and the Sumup Air reader sits in the cradle and is fully charged.  The Sumup app will be the latest version as I deleted and downloaded it again last week in an effort to solve this.  Can I tell from back office on my computer (which is in a different location) what version the app is or do I have to go and look at the pos system?

Thanks

this has been an issue with the sumup app (not loyverse related) please see following steps

It has come to light there is a bug with the latest version of Sumup (2.59.20 and above) which seems to be forgetting the SumUp devices.

To resolve we recommend going back to 2.59.19

To do this, first go to the device settings > apps and finding the SumUp app – please delete the app.

Go to https://www.cashregistergroup.co.uk/download-links and click on the external link for SumUp

Download 2.59.19 Universal edition

Once downloaded please install the app

Sign back into the SumUp app and reconnect the SumUp air reader

The next thing to do is to turn off auto updating of apps from the playstore – open the google play store app

Click your profile in top right > settings ? network preferences > auto update apps – click ‘don’t auto update apps > ok

• Thanks 1

Thank you Shinjin you for your reply.

I believe that we have installed the latest versions;     We are using Loyverse 2.28.1  and SumUp 2.59.22.

We do not use the card reader on any other system, we use the POS system (charging the card reader) at least twice each week and to the best of my knowledge the battery has never run flat 

I saw the post from the CashRegisterGroup.   I do not know of this group and find it strange tat SumUp is not recommending this solution.

Normally I would only load apps from the Play Store. Do you know if it is safe to download version 2.59.19 of this app?

Best regards

Eric Strudwick

Hello,
Thank you for the provided details provided.

As mentioned above the issue lies on Sumup's side therefore, we recommend getting in touch with Sumup directly for details about the issue.

Whether you wish to use the solution suggested by our partner, please decide for yourself.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.