View cost access right is also applied when exporting and importing items?

Go to solution Solved by Yamil,

My question is that when I disable the view cost access right to my employee with access to the back office, is he able to see costs by exporting the item list from back office? If it is possible can he edit cost by importing it?

• Solution

Hello!

The answer is no, that employee without the View cost access right can not see the cost by exporting the item list from Back Office, also it means that he is not able to edit cost by importing a CSV file. Don’t forget that he can still edit the price of the item.

An interesting fact is that even if that employee uses a CSV file sheet with the field(column) Cost and tries to import it, the system will accept the importing but it will ignore the changes that have been made in the Cost field/column. Just to assure that there is no way to change the cost without that access right.

Please take into account that the View cost access right has some different functions between the POS and the Back Office. Since it is a recent feature.

POS: View the cost of items
It gives employees the right to see the Cost (or Average cost) field in the item’s card.

Back Office: View cost of items
Gives employees the right to see the Cost field in the item’s card as well as all other parameters, related to the Cost of item value across the Back office, such as: Gross Profit, Cost of goods, Margin, …etc.

Reference: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-manage-access-rights-employees