Multiple POS and Centralized Printers

Vibes

We have a Sunmi T2 with a built-in Receipt Printer. We have purchased multiple Bluetooth Printers for our Bakery, Grill, Bar, Cafe, and Kitchen areas. We use the Android version of Loyverse POS to take orders at the tables. Some of these tables are across the street in a public park area on the beach, and others are even further away. For instance, several bars up and down Beach Road use us as their kitchen and have their own POS clients.

When my cashier enters a ticket, everything prints on all the various Kitchen Printers and a receipt prints out as needed. When my staff uses their phones, nothing prints. When the bars down the street enter tickets ...  nothing prints. How can I get these new orders to print on the Kitchen Printers? Our Bakery printer is  going to be attached to a second Sunmi T2 but it is a kilometer away in another facility and it is not on the same network.

n.b. Our current test is being done with Bluetooth attached printers. Maybe Ethernet or USB Printers give us better options?

thanks!

have you actually added the printers to all of the handhelds/mobiles? you need to add the printers on every device for them to work

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 4:14 AM, CashRegisterGroup said:

have you actually added the printers to all of the handhelds/mobiles? you need to add the printers on every device for them to work

I have switched to Wi-Fi attached printers for the food and drink prep areas. This allows any POS unit to use them. We only use  the integrated Bluetooth printer for printing receipts at the cashier.

My solution for other bars that use our kitchen is a point-to-point VPN setup that allows them to have a POS device on our network so they can print to our kitchen, bar, cafe, bakery, and grill printers. It would be nicer to have a print job pushed through the cloud connection for the POS ... but that is not in the feature set as far as I can tell.

I am in the virtual-1% of restaurants in Thailand that have this level of sophistication. The process is completely foreign to my staff, so we are taking it slow and I am providing constant education and reinforcement of the process. Once they are comfortable with this process, I am going to evaluate adding printers in their hands as well. Being able to provide someone with a ticket the moment they ask will equate to turning over tables faster and should lead to more revenue over time.

After I wrote this ... I realized your were asking me about configuring printers and not adding them physically. To answer your question, yes ... I have configured them on all devices. However, as far as I can tell, you cannot share a Bluetooth attached printer across multiple POS devices. If you can ... please let me know how. 😉

Thanks!

no the in-built bluetooth printers can only be accessed via the single device unfortunetly. you will need to set up independant wifi/ethernet printers as you suggested (on the same network) and then add the printer(s) to each physical device 

3 hours ago, CashRegisterGroup said:

no the in-built bluetooth printers can only be accessed via the single device unfortunetly. you will need to set up independant wifi/ethernet printers as you suggested (on the same network) and then add the printer(s) to each physical device 

A serious and unnecessary limitation for sure and one I hope they eventually address. However, the VPN ... while expensive and a potential point of failure that requires and expert to resolve ... is working well. I can add a POS device in a bar down the street and they can order food directly. We train the bar owner and then it is on them to train their staff.

Thanks for the confirmation.

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem. I created an application to be able to share the printers over the network. I put it in the android store.

• Like 1