Sumup Slow Connection

AirthVenue
Go to solution Solved by Bautista,

Hi All

We have pretty much just started trading and using both terminals fully at the weekend 

When pressing the card payment selection and the till connects to the sumup reader its very very slow 

Sometimes doesn't connect

Is there a way to resolve this ?

Thanks

Chris  

Hello,

At the moment we don't receive any complaints from other users, so please try to check the Bluetooth
connection in your device and from the card reader.

Waiting for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There 

Both terminals are loosing connection and are very slow at connecting again

When they are connected they are very slow at sending the transaction to the card reader 

Thanks

Chris

• Solution

Hello
Please, can you try to update the POS app for the last version(2.24) and see if the issue is solved? Also, it is possible to send us a video showing this issue? 

Waiting for your feedback.

Many thanks

I have updated the software and it seems to have resolved it, although i will fully test and confirm this when we are open on the 2th August 

Many Thanks

Chris 

• 4 months later...

Hi there 

We are still having trouble with this connecting sometimes 

when it’s very busy it holds the service up

is there an alternative ?

Chris 

Hello,

Would you be able to send us a video of the delay that you are speaking of? You can send it using WeTransfer or any other file sharing service of your choice.

We will be waiting for your reply.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I have been having the same issue with loyverse connecting to sum up. During busy service it can slow down quite a lot and I am forced to change over to the sum up app to accept payment. I have updated all pos apps and firmware on sum up card readers. 

When using card reader through loyverse it can be very slow and when using through sum up app it is instantaneous. 

I prefer though to use the loyverse as it is connected to my kitchen display app for orders. 

Is there anyone else having similar problems?

On 4/3/2023 at 6:08 PM, happyvalleycoffeebox said:

Hi there,

I have been having the same issue with loyverse connecting to sum up. During busy service it can slow down quite a lot and I am forced to change over to the sum up app to accept payment. I have updated all pos apps and firmware on sum up card readers. 

When using card reader through loyverse it can be very slow and when using through sum up app it is instantaneous. 

I prefer though to use the loyverse as it is connected to my kitchen display app for orders. 

Is there anyone else having similar problems?

Yes, same issue here! I think it could be solved if the app would "prepare" the connection with the terminal earlier. I wrote something about that here: