Is Loyverse open source?

cryptocredit
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

Hi just discovered loyverse and it looks interesting!

It says on the website that it is open source but I didn't find anything on GitHub. Can someone provide a link to the source code?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I also find this system to be interesting but I did not find anything in the Loyverse website about it being an open source, where did you find it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hello.

Loyverse is not open-source software. Loyverse is proprietary software with closed source. 

Loyverse is a comprehensive system with many elements, such as the Loyverse POS app, Dashboard app, KDS app, CDS app, and Back office online cabinet. All these elements are working in collaboration with each other. Loyverse team is working on the constant improvement and development of all the system elements as well as improving the system's performance in general. 

However, Loyverse has a freemium business model. It means that the basic functionality of the Loyvere POS system is free. POS can be used to add items, make sales, use analytics, and many other functionalities without any payment. There are additional features in the Back Office where additional charges will apply: Employee Management, Advanced Inventory, Integrations.

The problem is that some people mix free software with open-source software and mistakenly think Loyvere is open-source. That is not correct. Loyverse offers free apps, but their code is closed.

• Like 1