How to set the dining option and TAX in Loyverse POS?

Diego Preza

Is anyone having the same issue? I add exceptions (delivery and takeout) for VAT in Backoffice but it doesn't work. It keeps applying VAT for all dinning options, including delivery and takeout. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Hello, I made a short video to make it easier to understand how to use the option to add a tax depending on the dining option.

• 11 months later...

Hi folks, 

in germany, have different taxes according to the dining option.
To go, there are 7% tax, but only on food. drinks are 19%by dining in the restaurant, all (food and drink) have 19%.
I tried with taxes depending on dining options, but can't figure out.
I have to create 19% tax on drinks that doesn't depend on the dining option.
For food, I have either 7% oder 19% tax, depending on the dining option.

I gave up. Can someone help me?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am in the UK and have set my VAT tax to 20%. But when i view my tax figures it doesn't work out to 20%. The example in the picture i have attached works out to about 16%, am i doing something wrong here? It's really confusing me, surely if it is working out 20% tax then the figures in the picture should work out to be 20%

Why doesn't tax work out at 20% ?

Hello,

Perhaps you are using an "included to the price tax"? in this case the calculations can be different as follows:

-----------

In the case of ‘included in the price’ tax, the item price consists of pre-tax price value plus the tax value.
Price = PretaxPrice + Tax  
And the tax will be applied to the pre-tax price.
To calculate the item's pre-tax price, divide the price by 1 + the tax rate in decimal form. To find the value of the tax that is included in the item’s price, you have to subtract the pre-tax price from the item price.
For example, if the tax rate is 6%, divide the item’s price by 1.06. So if the item is $20 with the ‘included in the price’ tax, then the value of the pre-tax price is 20/1.06 = $18.87 (rounded), and the value of the ‘included in the price’ tax is 20-18.87=$1.13.

-----------

You can also refer to the below link for more information about how each type of taxes is calculated

https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-taxes-are-calculated

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I need to set the taxes by dining option

So I need to apply tax for online delivery order only

I already configure depending dining option

So I choose taxes off when dine in and take out, and tax will apply when I choose online delivery

But the taxes always applied on every item even I choose dine in or take away order

There are no change, the tax always applied on every item and in every dining option

Please help, thank you

image.png.27d97b204ebe099745a82e54e40abe3c.png

Hello!

Try to add items as well, in this case, it's much more easier and faster if you select all items as well in this configuration. After doing so, go back to your POS App and then either press the sync button that can be found in the three-dotted button in the screen or close and re-open the app so that the changes can be updated in the POS App as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I already add items as well

but still, the taxes always applied in every dining option

I have online order, and dine in, I choose dine in for not applied the taxes

but still, in the POS app, when I choose dine in, the tax still applied, so I need to delete taxes in every dine in order

I see, but did you add all the items, like literally all of them and not just selected few? If you add ALL items then this should work but if you only selected few items then only those few items when you have it on dining option aside from online delivery will have its taxes not applied. Could I ask if you could send again another screenshot of the set up of your taxes again?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there Loyverse Lovers, i have search for over one week now to setup my taxes in Loyverse.
i'm not the smartest person and Belgium is not the best about taxes.
Is there a tutorial that explain it for me from the beginning please?

Add an item and setup the VAT and then the dining options please. Can someone please give me a movie from that please?

info@fothee.be

Hey Shinji

Thanks for this, i have see all the tax related films and still me and a clever customer cant see to make it work.
If there would be a small movie to setup from the beginning that would be amazing.

Maybe there is a list from people that use Loyverse in Belgium 😉

Marc

Can You please tell me how i have to setup the artikel please, do i have to select VAT options then?

This is for axample a coffee, when the customer drinks it insite then its 21% and when the customer drinks it outside then ist 6%.
What do i have to select then on the product please?

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-04 om 11.30.52.png

In this kinds of cases, its better to use the feature called taxes depending on dining option. Here's another guide or tutorial that includes a video that explains to you how to use this feature of when a customer wants to go for takeout, the tax of 6% applies but when they dine in, the 21% tax applies instead of the 6%: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-apply-taxes-depending-dining

Hello shinji. 

thanks allot for this still, may I ask if i need to select the vat options on a artikle or do i not select any and will it change when i select a Dining option?

sorry that dont understand it. 

I cannot be able to specify who or how many bar owners are using Loyverse but there are users who uses Loyverse in Belgium.

• 7 months later...

This option has settings available but doesn't seem to work - All options taxes apply despite of the right settings.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

May I ask or could you be able to describe what you are trying to achieve in using the Taxes by Dining Option feature? If you are unsure as to how exactly this feature works in our system, then you can refer to our guide provided in this link from our Help Center at https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-apply-taxes-depending-dining.

Otherwise, you can let me know exactly your situation here.