Will sumup air allow me to take payments over the phone from customers and will that transaction going to be included on the receipt?

Bogdan
Go to solution Solved by Shinji,

Will sumup air allow me to take payments over the phone from customers and will that transaction going to be included on the receipt? I don’t have sumup yet but thinking about ordering one. Thanks 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:04 AM, Shinji said:

Hello!

Might I suggest that you check out our guide of Loyverse and how it is used alongside SumUp in accepting payments from customers: https://help.loyverse.com/help/credit-cards-sumup

Thanks Shinji. That’s great tutorial however don’t answers my question if I can process payments over phone. Anyone know?

If it is to process payments, then yes, you can use Loyverse POS App which can be integrated with SumUp Card Payment terminal (Sumup Air) and this POS App can be downloaded in your phone. And so, through viewing the guide presented and explained, you are able to use your phone basically to process the payments and do receipts and accept payments of cards from your SumUp terminal and include it in the receipt generated in the Loyverse POS App. 

If this is not what you are looking for, then please elaborate more about this. Thank you very much!

On 8/29/2021 at 4:13 AM, Bogdan said:

Thanks Shinji. That’s great tutorial however don’t answers my question if I can process payments over phone. Anyone know?

I was just trying to do this today. Sumup has a feature called "Virtual Terminal" where you can input card info. You have to call Sumup and have them activate the feature on your account (takes 3ish business days).

I haven't gotten to use the feature yet because I just called today, but it should be what we're both looking for.

I see, in that case, Loyverse does support such feature. So, if you connect your Sumup account to Loyverse, then all types of payments done by SumUp (card reader, virtual, mobile payments) will be reflected in the Receipt. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, Shinji said:

I see, in that case, Loyverse does support such feature. So, if you connect your Sumup account to Loyverse, then all types of payments done by SumUp (card reader, virtual, mobile payments) will be reflected in the Receipt. 

I forgot to follow up.

While SumUp's Virtual Terminal feature works as advertised, it does not integrate with Loyverse. So it won't modify your inventory or show up as a sale in reports. I'm going to make a feature request right now.

Hello!

If the charges are done via SumUp's Virtual Terminal without inputting the actually sales or charges on the POS App itself, then there will be no record of that sale happened in the POS App. The Charges or sales must be done in the POS App and since SumUp Air can allow for integration or connection to Loyverse POS App hence why we are able to charge customer by card in Loyverse POS App. But it cannot be the other way around via the Virtual Terminal.

Also, mobile payments can be done via the POS App.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, Shinji said:

...since SumUp Air can allow for integration or connection to Loyverse POS App hence why we are able to charge customer by card in Loyverse POS App.

Right, what I mean is the only way to use SumUp's Virtual Terminal is through the SumUp app. Loyverse does not have a method of accessing the Virtual Terminal. Only card reader and mobile payments.