Can anyone tell me if the Star Micronics mC-Print2 will work?

Flavrgourmet
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

Can anyone tell me if the Star Micronics mC-Print2 will work? I see Loyverse have the Star Micronics mC-Print3 in their recommeded  hardware

• Solution

Hello. 

Only the printers listed on our List of Supported Printers have been tested to work with the program.
The printer you mentioned have not been tested and therefore, we cannot guarantee that it will work properly.

If you test it yourself and it works, please inform us.
While testing your printer, you can try choosing different combinations of options: select text or graphics mode, different paper width, etc.

https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-set-other-printers-loyverse-pos

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Hello. 

Only the printers listed on our List of Supported Printers have been tested to work with the program.
The printer you mentioned have not been tested and therefore, we cannot guarantee that it will work properly.

If you test it yourself and it works, please inform us.
While testing your printer, you can try choosing different combinations of options: select text or graphics mode, different paper width, etc.

https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-set-other-printers-loyverse-pos

Thanks for the reply.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Loyverse team, I tried using mC-Print2 (mc2) printer and the "Other" section and only garbage was printed.

Yet.... if I select "mcprint3" settings the receipts are printed in a readable form except that it is only printed only partially. mc2 uses 58mm wide paper while mc3 is 80mm, I think that is the only difference. Another important hint for me is that Square can use MC3 settings and print correctly on MC2.

To confirm my theory on Loyverse can you please share the detailed advanced configuration (ECS/POS commands) used for mcPrint3 for me to replicate those codes on the Advanced configuration? I expect that only changing the paper size might be enough to have the printer working and you can have another printer in your list if it works 🙂.

Best regards