Does Loyverse work with Sunmi equipment?

Standtheman
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

I am trying to find out if Loyverse will work with Sunmi T2 Lite device, and if the Sunmi 2D Barcode Scanner and Sunmi Printer with also work? Does anyone have experience of this yet? What about Sunmi 2nd display of T2 Lite, will CDS work?

Thank you.

Andrew

• Solution

Hello. 

The Loyverse POS app for Android is compatible with built-in printers on Sunmi devices.

The list of Sunmi devices that will work with built-in printers:
Sunmi V1
Sunmi V1S
Sunmi V2
Sunmi V2 pro
Sunmi T1 mini
Sunmi T2 mini
Sunmi D2 mini
Sunmi T2
Sunmi S2
Sunmi M2

How to connect internal printers on SUNMI devices, see the tutorial: Connecting Built-in Printers on Sunmi Devices

Built-in LED customer display works for Sunmi models T1 MINI and T2 MINI. 

In Sunmi models with a second big display, this display will not work as  CDS.

If the Sunmi device has a built-in camera, you can use it to scan barcodes during the sale. Or you can connect external Bluetooth or USB barcode scanner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Hello. 

The Loyverse POS app for Android is compatible with built-in printers on Sunmi devices.

The list of Sunmi devices that will work with built-in printers:
Sunmi V1
Sunmi V1S
Sunmi V2
Sunmi V2 pro
Sunmi T1 mini
Sunmi T2 mini
Sunmi D2 mini
Sunmi T2
Sunmi S2
Sunmi M2

How to connect internal printers on SUNMI devices, see the tutorial: Connecting Built-in Printers on Sunmi Devices

Built-in LED customer display works for Sunmi models T1 MINI and T2 MINI. 

In Sunmi models with a second big display, this display will not work as  CDS.

If the Sunmi device has a built-in camera, you can use it to scan barcodes during the sale. Or you can connect external Bluetooth or USB barcode scanner. 

Thank you for the information, I am looking more at the specific device called the "Sunmi T2 Lite", since the T2 and T2 mini are on the list, I assume that the T2 Lite should be compatible. But I was hoping that someone in the community might have already tested it.

What about the external Sunmi printer?

I am curious though, if the 2nd screen is also android based. Why does the CDS not work? Is there a plan in the future for this functionality? Is there a time frame available?

Thank you

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Standtheman said:

Thank you for the information, I am looking more at the specific device called the "Sunmi T2 Lite", since the T2 and T2 mini are on the list, I assume that the T2 Lite should be compatible. But I was hoping that someone in the community might have already tested it.

What about the external Sunmi printer?

I am curious though, if the 2nd screen is also android based. Why does the CDS not work? Is there a plan in the future for this functionality? Is there a time frame available?

Thank you

We do not have the Sunmi T2 Lite model and cannot test if the built-in printer works. 

You can connect the external receipt printers to the Sunmi devices as well. Check the list of supported printers.

Loyverse POS works on one Android device, and Loyverse CDS works on other Android device and those two devices connected via WiFi through a router. But in the case of Sunmi, both screens run on the same Android device. So, it is technically not possible to install and run CDS on the same machine. But we have the plan to make integration a second screen on Sunmi devices to work as CDS. Unfortunately, I cannot tell any definite time when it will work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 11:15 AM, Andy said:

We do not have the Sunmi T2 Lite model and cannot test if the built-in printer works. 

You can connect the external receipt printers to the Sunmi devices as well. Check the list of supported printers.

Loyverse POS works on one Android device, and Loyverse CDS works on other Android device and those two devices connected via WiFi through a router. But in the case of Sunmi, both screens run on the same Android device. So, it is technically not possible to install and run CDS on the same machine. But we have the plan to make integration a second screen on Sunmi devices to work as CDS. Unfortunately, I cannot tell any definite time when it will work.

Hi, can you give a rough estimate for when this might work?  We supplied a Sunmi T2 device assuming there would be no issue running CDS on the second screen so disappointing to find this is not supported.  Can I give the client any sort of timescale for this?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

@Andy Can you please let us know the latest about T2 second display? I hope you know it is 10.1 or 15" screen as customer display. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

I can confirm for our operation that the Sunmi External Printer and Handheld Scanner do work. The Sunmi T2 Lite does not have an internal printer. The external display is operating, but only as a mirror of the main screen. I have never received any updates as to whether or not this will be added as a function. It's a shame, as it is quite a nice piece of kit. I am still hoping that it will be added one day soon, due to the fact that they seem to keep advertising compatibility with Sunmi devices. Almost like as if they are a partner.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:13 AM, Standtheman said:

I can confirm for our operation that the Sunmi External Printer and Handheld Scanner do work. The Sunmi T2 Lite does not have an internal printer. The external display is operating, but only as a mirror of the main screen. I have never received any updates as to whether or not this will be added as a function. It's a shame, as it is quite a nice piece of kit. I am still hoping that it will be added one day soon, due to the fact that they seem to keep advertising compatibility with Sunmi devices. Almost like as if they are a partner.

I still awaiting loyverse to support the second display on SUMUI T2, now it's only mirror the display, not very nice for our customers tho.

is there's any update from loyverse team working on second display?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 2:28 AM, Simply said:

I still awaiting loyverse to support the second display on SUMUI T2, now it's only mirror the display, not very nice for our customers tho.

is there's any update from loyverse team working on second display?

Like many of us!  I'm not sure why this is taking so long.  We would have deployed Loyverse to many more businesses if the customer screen was supported on Sunmi (or iMin), it is something the customers really want, because they are so used to seeing customer displays everywhere.  I guess the developers are very busy, but from what I can see on the Sunmi SDK, this is not a major undertaking.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 7:11 PM, tairdubay said:

April 13, 2022 and Loyverse CDC still not supported on Sunmi T2

Second screen is just a mirror.

🥲

It's mad isn't it.  Only last week, we had a client.  They wanted 5 terminals, they would have opted for multiple employee upgrade, would have paid for advanced inventory and also wanted to integrate will woocommerce via the plugin.  This whole deal was lost to Loyverse simply because they do not offer customer display functionality on Sunmi or any other terminal.  Such a shame, but they appear to have given up on developing their software completely now.

Currently my Sunmi V2 devices work with the Loyverse software, however the internal Sunmi V2 printers does not work with the software.  The printers USED to work until today, now on two different devices, buth Sunmi printers stopped printing with the loyverse software.