Is it possible to connect an ethernet printer through a ethernet pc port instead the router?

Angusonoragrill
Go to solution Solved by Angusonoragrill,

I tried the pos on bluestacks and printer works really good if you connect it directly to router. But, what if the router is too far from the cash register and you need to connect printer through the PC ethernet port, would it be possible?

Did anybody try this?

Thank u all

6 hours ago, Andy said:

Hello. Unfortunately, it is possible to connect Ethernet printer only trough the router. 

Ill keep trying and ill comment if i have success... It has to be possible

• Solution

Hello Everyone!

IT IS POSSIBLE!

if someone have the same trouble that me because the router is too far of your point of sale or cash register, ill give to you this steps

Note: I have Windows 10 and Im using an android emulator called Bluestacks 4. it doesnt support USB printers but you cant connect it through ethernet even directly from your computer.

1.- Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
2.- Select your wireless and ethernet adapters at the same time
3.- Click Add to Bridge
4.- Plug your Printer with ethernet to your computer
Note: your printer need to have the same ip range that your internet router. For example: if your router gateway is 192.168.1.1 your computer will have 192.168.1.XX IP, then your printer will need an 192.168.1.XX static IP. 
5.- Go to loyverse POS, and configure a new ethernet printer and put the IP that you defined previously and it's DONE!

Its better to connect a thermal printer through Ethernet than USB. USB sometimes induce issues of compatibility with some printers. Ethernet has too much more compatibility with loyverse, if you have some printer that works with issues through USB, through ethernet will work quite correctly.

Greetings, hope this post help you sometime...

• Fire 1
  • Thanks 1