Is it possible to connect an ethernet printer through a ethernet pc port instead the router?

Angusonoragrill

Question

I tried the pos on bluestacks and printer works really good if you connect it directly to router. But, what if the router is too far from the cash register and you need to connect printer through the PC ethernet port, would it be possible?

Did anybody try this?

Thank u all

3 answers to this question

Hello Everyone!

IT IS POSSIBLE!

if someone have the same trouble that me because the router is too far of your point of sale or cash register, ill give to you this steps

Note: I have Windows 10 and Im using an android emulator called Bluestacks 4. it doesnt support USB printers but you cant connect it through ethernet even directly from your computer.

1.- Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
2.- Select your wireless and ethernet adapters at the same time
3.- Click Add to Bridge
4.- Plug your Printer with ethernet to your computer
Note: your printer need to have the same ip range that your internet router. For example: if your router gateway is 192.168.1.1 your computer will have 192.168.1.XX IP, then your printer will need an 192.168.1.XX static IP. 
5.- Go to loyverse POS, and configure a new ethernet printer and put the IP that you defined previously and it's DONE!

Its better to connect a thermal printer through Ethernet than USB. USB sometimes induce issues of compatibility with some printers. Ethernet has too much more compatibility with loyverse, if you have some printer that works with issues through USB, through ethernet will work quite correctly.

Greetings, hope this post help you sometime...

• Fire 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mamba
      So i just bought my Xprinter XP-58IIH recently. Although i read some topics here that Loyvese is not supporting this printer however this works perfectly with some of the videos that i watched. 
      Whenever I am choosing Other Model in the Printer model option it always includes (Ethernet) and i don't have any other option to choose like USB or Bluetooth. I am using iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.2.
      Meanwhile with my husbands mobile which is an Android phone if we choose Other Model in the printer, the interface has the option for Ethernet, Bluetooth & USB. 
      So, i am thinking that this isn't the issue between the Xprinter that i have and loyverse, but its loyverse and iOS devices. 

*Note: I tried using the same iphone and xprinter with Xlabel the bluetooth device is connecting and is working properly. I hope this issue with ios user will be fix soon.

Hope you could help me in this problem. I attached some photos for your reference as well. 

• By Nockiespalette
      Hi everyone, 
      We are new users of Loyverse system. 
      We understand most people run their Loyverse CDS on iOS or Android tablets. However, we only have a Windows laptop at our shop, which connects to a touch-screen monitor, and we are hoping to run the CDS from this laptop.
      Is this possible? So far we can only find the back office website which we can manage from the computer. We haven't found a way to use the Sales function on laptop yet... Do you have any idea?
      Regards,
      Carina
    • By Europelle SG
      I have a bluetooth printer that cannot be connected on iOS. I can only think of 2 solutions. First is to connect the printer directly to iPad via OTG cable. Second is to connect USB printer to AirPrint server and point iPad to it. Can anyone advise on this? I really need help on this!! :(
    • By Europelle SG
      Can this printer be used in Loyverse since it's on Ethernet?
    • By Montse
      Do you know if the printer EPSON TM-T20III ETHERNET works with Loyverse, like EPSON TM-T20II?

Loyverse Point of Sale