Can I use ethernet printer without internet?

retms
Go to solution Solved by Reinaldo,

• Solution

On friend send me this great picture that explains how the printer and the device communicate with each other:

printerdeviceconnection.jpg.5c104b9460e770a6d1988ec6a5bb542e.jpg

The internet doesn't influence in the connection of the printer and POS

So you can keep making sales and print your tickets, or your kitchen tickets without problems even if the internet fails.

The devices connect to each other through the local network created by the router, and they communicate via WiFi. It doesn't use internet at all. Therefore, you can share the Ethernet printer in the local network without the Internet.

(of course to transfer sales data and sync with your Back office you need the Internet)

• Thanks 2

You could use our wifi mobile printer,  it can work as AP (act as a router), then when internet is not available, you can directly connect your device(android or iOS) to this printer and print out the receipt. 

Please watch this video, it acts when internet is not available.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you Sure that Internet does not influence printing to local ethernet printed?

Today i had an internet problem and kitchen tickets we're not possible to print. But every device in the local network was pingable and alive.

Kitchen printer 1: 192.168.1.10

Mobile Device: 192.168.1.101

Router: 192.168.1.1

AS soon as i repaired WAN everything was fine again. Maybe it appears to kitchen tickets function with categories. I will test again. Anyone else hase a suggestion to my situation?

Edited by cybermailer

Hi
To be 100% sure, better to have an internet connection all the time 🙂
But, if sometimes you have problems with internet connections, better to use Bluetooth receipt printer.
For example: I use GP-58130IIC (Bluetooth) printer to print kitchen orders and receipts at the same time.

I also have Bluetooth receipt printers. But WE also usw kitchen printers at Same time in local IP Network that was a Problem without Internet. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:26 AM, cybermailer said:

Are you Sure that Internet does not influence printing to local ethernet printed?

Today i had an internet problem and kitchen tickets we're not possible to print. But every device in the local network was pingable and alive.

Kitchen printer 1: 192.168.1.10

Mobile Device: 192.168.1.101

Router: 192.168.1.1

AS soon as i repaired WAN everything was fine again. Maybe it appears to kitchen tickets function with categories. I will test again. Anyone else hase a suggestion to my situation?

The devices communicate inside a local network so internet shouldn't be important. It would great to know if after testing again you keep having problems or not.

i will test it the next days again on local network. we used loyverse now on two bigger events with four mobile printers and two kitchen (stationary) printers and about 60 tables with about 400 consumers on each event  therefore we have made some experiences. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yes works. Don't know why it not workes first time. But tested today with a Router without WAN (Internet) connection and worked fine. Maye there was a problem with the smartphone connecting to the router. I tested it with smartphone in flying mode and only activated wifi.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2019 at 8:24 PM, cybermailer said:

yes works. Don't know why it not workes first time. But tested today with a Router without WAN (Internet) connection and worked fine. Maye there was a problem with the smartphone connecting to the router. I tested it with smartphone in flying mode and only activated wifi.

Good to know, thank you for your feedback.