How to make a 20% profit for custom amounts

Sam2010
Go to solution Solved by ACE-IroncladCafe,

how to make the Custom Amount as a percentage, as of right now any amount you put it in its considered 100% profit on the sale. we should be able to set a default percentage for example any amount i put for custom amount only 20% is profit.  

Hello @Sam2010!

May I know if you are referring to the item's margin? If not, can you tell us more about this percentage profit that you mentioned?

• Solution
On 3/28/2024 at 2:43 AM, Sam2010 said:

how to make the Custom Amount as a percentage, as of right now any amount you put it in its considered 100% profit on the sale. we should be able to set a default percentage for example any amount i put for custom amount only 20% is profit.  

If you don't know what item is selling then you shouldn't be associating a cost with it as there is no way of knowing and you're books will be worse off than not calculating it at all.

However. If you absolutely must go against advice...

1. Create "Custom Amount," item.
  2. Set to sell by "Weight/Volume."
  3. Set Price at $1.00.
  4. Set Cost to $0.80.
  5. Open PoS.
  6. Select "Custom Amount" item and set QTY to the dollar amount you wish to sell for.

Result: only 20% of Custom Amount will be recorded as gross profit by Loyverse.

Bonus: You can create Custom Amount with variants for each profit % you'd like to sell by. For example, maybe you also sell via consignment for a 60% commission. You might have "Custom Amount (Consign.)" as an item or variant created as explained above except with a cost of $0.40 instead. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much this is a great workaround, I just want to put the average margin, much more accurate than having 100 profit