How can I track stocks of my dish?

Maria_12
Go to solution Solved by Hanna,

Hi!

I have my small business eatery here in Manila, I have items that I need to enter the recipes so I can track the stock of the ingredients and sell the item to the front end, does Loyverse have such feature?

Sure!

We do have a feature called Composite item. With this item, you need to add all the ingredients as the components. 

I can make an example for you with screenshots; can you make an example of a dish? That you sell in your eatery?

Yes, that would be great!

For example, I have an item called Adobo (a filipino dish) which I serve as platter so the ingredients is would be:

¼  chicken - 87.50

1 clove garlic- 10

1 pcs bay leaf- 1

¼ cup oyster sauce- 10

½ cup Pineapple Juice -30

3tbl Soy Sauce -3

1tbl Vegetable Oil- 3

The total cost of it is supposed to be 144.50

Can you guide me please? I need to serve this dish in a plater, how to set this in Loyverse?

• Solution

Absolutely!

Here’s what I made for you. 

In your item list, you need to make an individual item for every ingredient that you have for your Adobo and activate the track stock feature and also, add all the stocks of each ingredient that you have on hand. 

On my item, I have a 2kg of chicken in my freezer. So in the item list, I will enter the quantity of 2 since its 2kg and on the cost, I will enter the cost of each kg of chicken

image.thumb.png.5db69a90e069d26452a7825180f0a22f.png

Tips: You can also make the item unavailable or available for sale. 

You can also add the notes of the items in the description, for example your item is supposed to be sold in per piece or you can also add the description of the unit. 

After adding all the items/ingredients, you need to combine them all together as a composite item. 

With this, you need to create an item and add all the ingredients as its components and the quantity to a platter.

image.thumb.png.cf60524a5c1bc87548d46aaaf80efe81.png

Note: please divide the ingredients into decimal

In the POS app, every time you sell a dish, your stocks per item will also be deducted from the quantity you set for the components.

I hope that helps~

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 10:24 PM, Hanna said:

Absolutely!

Here’s what I made for you. 

In your item list, you need to make an individual item for every ingredient that you have for your Adobo and activate the track stock feature and also, add all the stocks of each ingredient that you have on hand. 

On my item, I have a 2kg of chicken in my freezer. So in the item list, I will enter the quantity of 2 since its 2kg and on the cost, I will enter the cost of each kg of chicken

image.thumb.png.5db69a90e069d26452a7825180f0a22f.png

Tips: You can also make the item unavailable or available for sale. 

You can also add the notes of the items in the description, for example your item is supposed to be sold in per piece or you can also add the description of the unit. 

After adding all the items/ingredients, you need to combine them all together as a composite item. 

With this, you need to create an item and add all the ingredients as its components and the quantity to a platter.

image.thumb.png.cf60524a5c1bc87548d46aaaf80efe81.png

Note: please divide the ingredients into decimal

In the POS app, every time you sell a dish, your stocks per item will also be deducted from the quantity you set for the components.

I hope that helps~

For cafe's that use packaging can I use this feature? For example, for a Plastic Cup that has 3 sizes, should I enter 3 different items, or can I use Variants for that one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @BrewBatan!
Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a composite item for composite items. However, I did create a topic on how to track the stocks of your composite-variants 🙂

Maybe you can try visiting this topic?