How to make items that is sold by weight but tracked per piece

Mjpgas

Hi,

I sell spools of wire and each spool has different weights (ranges from 20 to 25kgs). I sell per piece  but the price is dependent in the kilo of that spool which is not constant. How do i set this up so i can track the number of spools being sold and at the same time charge per kg

Hi! 

Here is what I can suggest in regards to your situation. Since you are selling your item by piece, you can leave it as it is and sell it by piece. However, for the price field of that item, you can leave it blank. In this way, you can be able to manually input the price of this item. The caveat of this though, is that you will have to manually calculate the price of the item per kg by yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Another caveat to the above is if someone buys more than one you would have to weigh each item and input them individually.

I don't think there's any other way you could do it.

Hello!

Yes, correct there is no other workaround for this situation. However, for the time being, we’ll add this feature request to our backlog, the suggestion is forwarded to our development team and rest assured that we heared you loud and clear 😉