Finding transacation by transaction amount?

SimplyM

There are instances where we need to find a receipt based on the total transaction amount when the date of purchase is not available or very vague "I purchased in the last 3 months".   Is there any way to find say any transactions processed in the last x months with a specific $ amount.

For instance a client claims he purchased a very common service/product from us in 2022.   He paid cash for the transaction so there is no credit card receipt date available....now since the service purchased is very common and is processed lets say 35x per day....we are potentially looking at 800 transactions to sift through to find that very specific transaction. so i was wondering if there is a way to search by using a $ amount spent...so the system shows any transactions made for $54 in the last x months.

Hello.
You can export the list of receipts for a certain period, open it as a table, and sort the column Total collected. In such a way you would easily find the receipts with similar total amounts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks -  that's what i have been doing but was hoping there was an easier n quicker way within the app for store manager or employee to quickly find.   such as just typing $74 in the search field and seeing all transactions with $74.