Different Customers with same email address

Josmar

In my setup, we use a small shop for our members of the youth organisation. These members are young people usually below the age of 18.

Usually it is their parents that purchase the items and hence receipts needs to be emailed to them and not the children. However the receipt is issued under the respective young person so that we a log of purchases by members.

The issue is when there are siblings and hence have same parent email address.

The current system from my understanding does not allow me to have two different members/customer having the same email account.

Is it possible to have something to solve this issue? 

Thanks

20 hours ago, Josmar said:

The issue is when there are siblings and hence have same parent email address.

Hello, dear user

They can create two receipts and send them to the same email address.
Could you please explain more details about the sales made by teenagers to their parents? 

Customer 1

Name: John (Brother of Tina)

Surname: Smith

Customer email : mothersmith@gmail.com

Customer 2

Name: Tina (Sister of John)

Surname: Smith

Customer email : mothersmith@gmail.com

Currently when I try to link mothers email to two different customers (who's in the case are borthers), the system does not allow me. As email needs to be unique.

Yes, unfortunately, it is not possible to set up the same email address for two customers. 
Is there something else I can help you with?

• 3 months later...

I also wasn't able to add 2 same emails to customers but same phone numbers work.

I have added same phone numbers but one of the customer cards has also the email added. Then when I search by the phone number, I can see both of the customers, copy the email from one of them, and then paste it at the email receipt field.

• Like 1