How do I add cash tips?

Alan Cobain

Loyverse POS doesn't have special features for cash tips. But you can add the item 'tips' and leave its' price blank to indicate it upon sale. Then, simply add this item during each sale, indicating the cost of tips. If you receive tips by credit card, then you need to use the Vantiv payment processor. Because it has a tip feature for credit cards payments.

• 1 year later...

I think the tips issue (Loyverse not having the ability to manage this) is a big issue.
I am in South Africa and have limited use for Vantiv or any other credit card processors, so that is not an option for me.
The only option I have at the moment is to create tips as an item, and when a customer pays with their bank card, the waitress adds it to the bill as an item.

The issue with that is that my figures are inacurate (gross turnover) because I have to deduct the tips from the total.

Can Loyverse not have a tip feature that behaves and does what this function is meant to do.
Or, at least, have a way that the gross value can deduct the value from the "tips" item we have had to create but automatically?

Thanks for a great piece of software

• 6 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 8:10 AM, ClayOven said:

I think the tips issue (Loyverse not having the ability to manage this) is a big issue.
I am in South Africa and have limited use for Vantiv or any other credit card processors, so that is not an option for me.
The only option I have at the moment is to create tips as an item, and when a customer pays with their bank card, the waitress adds it to the bill as an item.

The issue with that is that my figures are inacurate (gross turnover) because I have to deduct the tips from the total.

Can Loyverse not have a tip feature that behaves and does what this function is meant to do.
Or, at least, have a way that the gross value can deduct the value from the "tips" item we have had to create but automatically?

Thanks for a great piece of software

Hi,I do it like you say. I added an item called TIPs and then I proceed with the normal transiction. Then I go to Shift and use the Cash Managment option. I type in the amount of the tip and mark it as a Payment. Easy

• 1 year later...

For some people that don't want put TIPS on their SALES RECEIPT, you can add TIPS on your footer, so my ticket will be:

you can edit your footer from backoffice menu SETTINGS->RECEIPTS and find FOOTER section

IMG_7414.jpg