Is it possible to add a transaction fee on specific payment options?

mko
Go to solution Solved by Shinji,

Is it possible to add a transaction fee on specific payment options? If the customers wants to pay via sumup, add 2% to the total price, but not if the customers pay cash.

• Solution

Hello!

If you are looking for a direct, integrated way of doing this additional 2% transaction fee when users pay using a specific payment type, I am afraid that there's no such feature.

However, a workaround that I can suggest is via using taxes as the transaction fee. Taxes can be enabled or disabled at any given point in time manually and so you can use it to set a 2% and call it transaction fee. But, their data will be stored on the tax report and might calculate differently since they are seen as taxes in the system.

• 1 year later...

카드수수료 1.5% 를 별도로 청구해야하는데, 그런 기능이 없어서 세금을 카드수수료로 등록하여 사용하고 있으나, 고객이 주문을 여러개 하는 경우

일일이 주문건수별로 활성화 시키는 방법밖에 없습니다. 이것을 합계 금액에서도 활성화 시켜 카드사용시 전체금액에 대한 수수료가 일괄적으로 적용되게 되면 좋겠습니다.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 5:37 AM, Shinji said:

Hello!

If you are looking for a direct, integrated way of doing this additional 2% transaction fee when users pay using a specific payment type, I am afraid that there's no such feature.

However, a workaround that I can suggest is via using taxes as the transaction fee. Taxes can be enabled or disabled at any given point in time manually and so you can use it to set a 2% and call it transaction fee. But, their data will be stored on the tax report and might calculate differently since they are seen as taxes in the system.

Taxes are applied based on Dining Option. Your staff would have to remember to disable taxes for EVERY customer that dines in and pays with an option that does not require the extra fee ... like cash. It is a dangerous idea that can lead to customers (especially in a resort area like mine) thinking a business is trying to cheat them.

The EASY answer to this is allowing "negative" discounts. Many other POS and Counter Sales systems allow "negative" discounts. I use to have a customer that I applied 10% additional charges to their orders because they were always complex and required international shipping. We discussed it and came up with the number together. The system I used allowed me to tack and additional 10% based on a customer name.

This goes back to the request that many have made regarding Discounts. If you enhance Discounts, this problem is solved as well. If you apply a Discount based on Category, Customer, Time Of Day/Week/Month/Year, Item Name, Price, Payment Type, and/or Dining Option and then allow for positive or negative discounts ... you solve this and solve all the Time of Day specials like Happy Hours and Ladies Night.

However, this is probably just another rant that will get zero attention from Loyverse 😉

PS: What I am doing now is increasing all of my prices by 1.75%, creating an item for credit card fees that is a flat 3% of 500 (my minimum to get no charge credit card transactions), and then dealing with complaining customers by telling them I am so sorry ... my POS is dysfunctional. 🤣 ... and then refunding them. I have only gotten three 1-star reviews from this method in a year. People that didn't like the way our system works and did not complain ... just wrote about it. I have a total of seven bad reviews directly caused by how my POS works. 😏