Stock Tracking of components/items within Composite Items

FARINA
Go to solution Solved by Shinji,

I run a small Pizza shop.

Every day I make new dough. The dough is a composite item, but since I make it every day, I do not want to make a "Production" because thats unnecessary admin.

The pizza consists of single items (cheese, tomato sauce, etc.) and the dough, a composite item.

When I sell a Pizza, it only tracks the stock of the single items (chees, tomato sauce etc.) not of the ingredients of the dough (flour, salt, yeast).

The tutorial says, that when a composite Item is sold, it tracks stock. In my case I sell this composite Item, through the Item pizza (so we have a hyrarchie).

How can I create composite Items, have a Master/slave relation and track the stock of the item on the lowest level?

Thanks!

Edited by FARINA

Hello!

Do you have the production enabled on the composite item Dough? If you have then this might be the reason why the track stock is not deducting from the single items of dough when you sell the item Pizza. It is because the production is enabled that the composite item Dough have its own stock and in that stock does the track stock deducts whenever you make a sale of this item Pizza. 

If you are not going to use the Production for the item Dough then kindly disable this feature from this item and you'll find that when you sell Pizza, it should deduct the stock even to the components of the Dough.

Thank you!

I just testet that and it works. The reason I had the enabled the Production was, that I can make stock adjustments. 
Therefore I created another post: Do you have an answer to this as well?

Edited by FARINA

• Solution

I see, I've checked this but the way how stock adjustment works only shows when items are actual items that has stocks rather than composite items since composite items are just items that are made up of other items and thus takes its stocks from there, unless you enable the Production on them if you do not mind that this won't immediately deduct its single items or components whenever you sell the item.

In your case, you can just enable the Production on the item Dough, though you'll just have to keep in mind that you have its production enabled and so the single items in the Dough or its components won't be deducted immediately and that you'll have to use the production feature to deduct its stocks. Please see this guide about how to use production feature: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-work-production.