I am thinking of getting into the grocerant trend which is popular nowadays. Any tips on how to get started?

Kiana

My friends in the Philippines have been telling me the other day about the recent rise in the popularity of grocerants, since people nowadays prioritize time efficiency and convenience. I would appreciate if you can share some tips on how to get to started with this business and what are other pros and cons that I should be aware of.  Thank you!

Since a grocerant is a hybrid of the groceries and restaurants, first, you should understand what are the expectations customers have from a restaurant. Restaurant customers are typically won over by great food, ideal ambiance and just overall a remarkable dining experience. This expectation can get quite tricky when incorporated to a grocerant since it is definitely a unique set up.

What sets a grocerant apart from a regular restaurant then? Grocerants are mainly product-driven businesses designed to help people save time. Through one-stop shopping, they can get a cooked meal and the necessary groceries to bring home.  A beneficial service grocerants provide is ready-to-eat food. In many cases, grocerants provide tables to dine in, too, becoming more similar to an in-store-cafe.

In a relaxing environment. grocerants attract customers through a large variety of fresh food and long shelf-life groceries with accessible prices.

Nowadays people are looking for more convenient and pleasant ways to fulfill their basic needs for food, and grocerants seem to be the solution for this. In the future, grocerants will emphasize experiential value and social interaction over little grocery shopping. They are turning their businesses into service providers, expanding their portfolios to include fresh food products, hot meals, as well as in-store cooking courses or wine tasting.

Please, check my article for details:

Loyverse Point of Sale