How can I choose best location for my new cafe?

Nick Way

It is even more difficult than choosing a name for a cafe. But what you can do is to try to find a good combination of potential location (among possible) and for your customer acquisition strategy. Because it should be interconnected.

• 1 month later...

Research as mach as you can. Plazas, market streets, and any area where other small business are located is a good place to look. It means people is already visiting those places and it will guarantee you foot traffic. 

But don't forget to research. Is your target market visiting that area? are there any competitors in the area? How are they doing?, etc, etc. There is many more questions you should be making yourself. 

I can quote a real experience from an entrereneur in england:

In the beginning, I knew what it was that I wanted to offer, but I didn't know the location... ...I became aware of a tearoom for sale in the town centre. The location was perfect, a prominent position in the square and the size of the building allowed for lots of seating, however, a great deal of repairs and maintenance were required. I knew that with a huge effort and lots of help from family, the concept could be realised.

As you can see, he could find the right place for his business. But he also had to invest a lot to make it ready. You must evaluate you own resources and capabilities before deciding for the "perfect place".

I took the quote from this blog:

I know some people who didn't make it right the first time and they finally had to close down their business because they were just not making enough sales. And they were located in a shopping mall, with lots of foot traffic! In their case they were offering some "unique" product, kind of unknown, that it just didn't resonate with their audience or they couldn't market it good enough. It was a big lesson for them and I think also for all of us. So, how can you choose the best location for your cafe? I would say that it depends a lot in your product. I guess there is two different approaches: you rather move to where you can find people that like your product, or you adapt to what people like in your area and offer them what they are already looking for. Good luck!

Loyverse Point of Sale