Price Breaks for Volume Purchases

Holliday

I need a price break for people that buy my herbs in bulk. The price is by the gram. If they buy 1 gram the price is 150/gram. If they buy 3+ the price is 130/gram. If they buy 10+ the price is 120/gram, and if they buy 100 grams, I only charge 80/gram. How can this be done?

2 minutes ago, Holliday said:

I need a price break for people that buy my herbs in bulk. The price is by the gram. If they buy 1 gram the price is 150/gram. If they buy 3+ the price is 130/gram. If they buy 10+ the price is 120/gram, and if they buy 100 grams, I only charge 80/gram. How can this be done?

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to add discounts in the system and leave it up to the employees to pick the right one based on the amount the customer buys. This is rife with possibilities to cheat ... and even if I do this ... the price end up with crazy numbers because there does not appear to be a price rounding option.

Anyone else run into these limitations?

How did you work around them?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Holliday!

In this case, I can suggest creating a composite item and a component item by gram with different pricing because, I agree with you, if you will use discounts, there's a possibility of cheating.

Let me recommend you to do this settings:

First, you need to create an item for the entire stock of herb.

For example, in this screenshot, I have 1kg of herbs, which converts to 1,000 grams. You need to activate the track stock and then save the item.

image.thumb.png.96a53225128ccf14ec505c986e931bc8.png

This item will serve as the main or root stock of herbs.

And then after saving, you need to create another item for the items with different grams and different items.

For example, this item will be for 300 per 100 gram.

With this, you need to create another item and use this herb item as the component.

From the items, you need to activate the 'composite' option and add the gram's quantity of this item.

image.thumb.png.448b66ea1c170fb3b38e14e0dbd79e89.png

As you can see, the cost was automatically calculated based on the quantity that you entered and the cost that you entered in the main item (1kg)

You can continue this steps with your other items, so technically, with this set-up, you can use different pricing based on the promo or set-up that you want, plus you can track the stocks of these items everytime time they are sold 

If you need more explanation regarding this feature, feel free to check this help article:

How to Create a Composite Item

I don't understand how this will work in the situation I described.

If I sell 0-2.9999 grams ... the cost is 200/gram.

If I sell 3-9.9999 grams ... the cost is 180/gram.

If I sell 10-99.9999 grams the cost is 160/gram.

If you buy 1000+ grams the cost is 125/gram.

How is it possible to use what you described to create this scenario?

Also ... in most POS and counter sales systems you have a price fixing tool. So, when the discount creates a price like 3.567 you can tell it to round to 4 and subtract 0.01 or 0.02 creating a 3.99 or 3.98 price. These are super easy thing to accomplish and would make a big difference to many of your customers.

Also ... 🙂 ...

While we are on the topic of composite items ... I have read every post in your system and could not help but notice that people are crying out for more functionality in composite items. For instance ... I sell cocktails and they use my house brands as the base liquor most of the time. House Brands change based on availability and price. (all bars everywhere) For instance ...

House Vodka is normally Uncle Tom, but sometimes I buy Butterfly or Shakers. If I have 150 bottle of Uncle Tom Vodka and 20 bottles of Butterfly and 12 bottles of Shakers in the back .. they could all be PART of the total available House Vodka.

When I make a Vodka Martini and put 135 mL of House Vodka in a shaker it should automatically pull from the pool of vodka I have attached to the House Vodka. I should not have to build things. FIFO or LIFO whatever I want.

I have seen a dozen or more posts about these issues and they are all ignored. I assume the same will happen here. I am jaded unfortuantely.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am waiting for this discounts update but it's taking so long. I also have to create 5 diff. options for 1 item for bulk sales.