Modifiers have no costs and modifiers have no option to have quantity increased.

BBs

Modifiers only have prices but no costs. When used as an ad-on to items, it will be sold at selling price and costs at zero (0) leading to incorrect report of sales and cost of sales. Sales will be overstated, and COGS will be understated.

Also, Modifiers have no options to add more than 1 quantity when added.

Hello BBs!

Yes, unfortunately, it is not possible to add costs and track the stocks of items in modifiers. However, I would happily send it to our development team as a feature suggestion.

As a work around, I suggest using the variant option. With variants, you can be able to customize the SKU, prices, cost and the barcodes of the each option and the sales will be added to the sales summary. However, just incase you will use this feature with composite iteam, it won't be possible.

For more detailed information about variants, please refer to our help article here: 

https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-use-variants-items

• 2 weeks later...

As somebody that is new to Loyverse I would certainly second this feature request as our menu is very much build around add on options.

Being able to add a cost price to a modifier would be the best option as sometimes customers will add more than one add on meaning that variants are not possible.  Also the option of not being able to use composite on variants is not great as I build my items to accurately report on cost.

I appreciate that I am not paying for the POS so don't want to appear ungrateful however this would certainly put the software in competition with some other options.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mark72!

Thank you for your honest feedback. Rest assured that we heared you loud and clear. I will send this feedback to our development team and maybe this feature will be considered to be added as a new feature in future updates. 😉