When I try to print something my receipt comes out with this weird symbols

Pranberry
Go to solution Solved by Mia,

• 5 months later...

Hi! What the model of printer do you use? When has the issue started? After last update or from the beginning of using printer? Additional details can be very helpful. Looking forward to hear from you

• 1 year later...

Please 

When I try to print something my receipt comes out with this weird symbols(see attached). It doesn't always print like that (see attached a picture of how it normally has to be). 

Please can you help me out? 

Greetings

PB Hair&Cosmetics 

IMG_20210125_182402.jpg

IMG_20210125_183612.jpg

• Solution

Hello,

You can try to change the print mode that you have selected in the Printer’s settings.

For this, you need to go to the POS app->Settings->Printers-> Click on the name of your printer ->Go to Advanced settings and change the Print mode. Save the changes and try to print a receipt again.

image.png.254b2c5c4dde828e6b245b2bf485746c.png

image.png.53e2900f91c5f371d781245e4a2153ba.png

If this doesn’t help, it means that unfortunately, the printer you are making use of is not compatible with Loyverse POS app. If this is the case, we strongly suggest you to use a printer from the list of supported printers. The printers in this list have been tested and we can guarantee that they will work properly with Loyverse POS app.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Before i have used 2 unsupported Pos printers from Aliexpress. And They worked quite well. One of them didin't have Bluetooth other was without cashdrawer open option.

So i have purchased a xprinter xp-58iih with both options available above . But it is randomly printing Long receipts from Chinese Symbols. Sometimes working many hours normal than printing symbols on next receipt.....  CashDrawer also randomly working or not.

Looks like Bluetooth going in sleep mode or something else i don't know but may be someone has same problem and solved?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hello i recently bought NETUM NT-1809DD bluetooth thermal printer from aliexpress.

It works but sometimes like 1 in 10 times it writes weird characters like in the picture below.I tried different settings and configuration it didnt worked in "other model" selection of loyverse printer settings.i tried Selecting model as epson tm-m30 it wrote but this time i think epson paper width is larger than 58mm so end of the letter and total price wasnt visable and no setting to adjust in loyverse on epson model.Are there any solution for this in the loyverse or we are only allowed to use loyverse recommended printers.

Based on the problem you described, the cause may be in one of 2 cases.

1. First, the printer has a small buffer, and therefore when graphics are being printed, the buffer does not have time to process it and starts to choke.
  2. The second possible reason is that the printer may not support the esk / pse command flash buffer, which flushes the printer buffer before receiving a new piece of information.

Considering that your printer is bluetooth-enabled, which means that it has a slow exchange rate, I would recommend that you use text mode instead of graphic mode.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, John_Rocker said:

Based on the problem you described, the cause may be in one of 2 cases.

1. First, the printer has a small buffer, and therefore when graphics are being printed, the buffer does not have time to process it and starts to choke.
  2. The second possible reason is that the printer may not support the esk / pse command flash buffer, which flushes the printer buffer before receiving a new piece of information.

Considering that your printer is bluetooth-enabled, which means that it has a slow exchange rate, I would recommend that you use text mode instead of graphic mode.

Thanks for your answer john. 
In the software they give to me there is a pos58 serial port settings and setting baud rate there which is shown on the screenshot.Default is 19200
Can i make it work with playing these settings?

printer-setting-tools.jpg

https://ibb.co/jf3wQVf

• 1 year later...

Hello here.

I have got issues with my printer..

Sometimes I got a long receipt with unknown message16646363326945057388338656314763.thumb.jpg.63eb2aa7672e2d4919db8133a957fd3b.jpg..

Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, kurtz322 said:

Every time I print a receipt like 5 or 4 times this random print pops out randomly any idea how to fix this.

You can try to change the print mode that you have selected in the Printer’s settings.

For this, you need to go to the POS app->Settings->Printers-> Click on the name of your printer ->Go to Advanced settings and change the Print mode. Save the changes and try to print a receipt again.

image.png.f20bfa9b11882db8b33165ae8919ec38.png
---
image.png.a305b2315a1feaaf595683f1d152b08f.png

If this doesn’t help, it means that unfortunately, the printer you are making use of is not compatible with Loyverse POS app. If this is the case, we strongly suggest you to use a printer from the list of supported printers. The printers in this list have been tested and we can guarantee that they will work properly with Loyverse POS app.

• 2 months later...

I connected through the imin via USB cable and tried to set both 180 and 203 DPI When testing bills, receipts, letters are distorted.
Is there a solution?

S__40886275.jpg

On 2/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, Technologystore said:

I connected through the imin via USB cable and tried to set both 180 and 203 DPI When testing bills, receipts, letters are distorted.
Is there a solution?

S__40886275.jpg

What is the printer model? also what settings have you selected? 

• 1 year later...

Hello there, anyone else here faced the same problem where the POS printed out long, weird symbols when close shift? Helpppp

It's a usb printer.741F187B-2735-4E6C-9971-B39E7CEE7198.thumb.jpeg.3c905cb33d6530d1392a1d8367c29de6.jpeg

Edited by Mel

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Yasuaki and @Georg,

I'm faced with the same dilemma and more.

My bluetooth xprinter https://www.xprintertech.com/receipt-printer-xp-p810 was working ok before but after the last loyverse pos app update,

Advanced Settings > Print Mode > Text: some details such as customer name, phone number, shop info are not visible.

photo_2024-03-16_10-17-22.jpg

Advanced Settings > Print Mode > Graphic: receipts began to come out with weird symbols. It's doesn't happen every time. The first few receipts are ok but the following receipts are getting messed up.

photo_2024-03-16_13-56-43.thumb.jpg.7d3f629737cd291729028a21e92523f0.jpg

Currently, I'm  using Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a7_lite-10933.php) but I tried test printing on and some other Android Phones and iPhone 15 Pro but the same issues occurred after a few successful attempts.

Edited by Brico

On 3/16/2024 at 7:02 AM, Brico said:

My bluetooth xprinter https://www.xprintertech.com/receipt-printer-xp-p810 was working ok before but after the last loyverse pos app update,

Advanced Settings > Print Mode > Text: some details such as customer name, phone number, shop info are not visible.

Please, report it here:
https://loyverse.town/forum/22-general-technical-issues/