How an employee can log in to the POS by himself?

Hine
Go to solution Solved by Sam Jordon,

• Solution

To allow an employee to login to the POS you need to give them the necessary access rights.

Make sure that the role of the employee has access to Back office and the option to Manage POS Devices. Also, you should indicate the employee's email to send them an invitation to access the Back Office. Then the employee will receive the email with instructions about how to create their own password linked to your Loyverse account.

• 1 year later...

The initial login has to be done with an authorized email account.

That would be to register the device as a POS device on the account.

After that, you can use a PIN to login to the account.

You can create the various users and assign PINs to them in the back office.

Hope that helps!

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I think Employee Management feature offers the best solution in your case. If you subscribe to this service you can add employees to your account and you can give your employees the access right to enter the app with their own email address, without the need to use the owner's email address.

If you would like for your employee (Manager, Administrator or other) to be able to login in the POS with his/her email, you need to make sure that it is enabled in his/her role in the Back office → Manage POS devices option 

image.png.2368c7c14ccc49420355f002c7f092cb.png

Then the employee will receive instructions by email how to create his/her account connected to your account. Make sure that the email is indicated in the employee card. Or, if the employee have already created his/her account, then he can try to login to the POS.
You can check out the following article for more details: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-give-employees-access-login

Using Employee Management offers a lot of benefits like:

-Manage employee’s access to sensitive information and functions

-Track each employee’s sales performance and make informed business decisions.

-Check employee efficiency

-Identify any cash discrepancy at the end of the shift and track employees’ inaccuracy or manipulations.

You can learn more about Employee Management feature in this link:  https://loyverse.com/employee-management

• 10 months later...

Hi Loyverse universe. I just found this amazing app. I am on my second day of the 14-day trial and I wish to upgrade soon. But I have a question.
1. How can I make my cashier personnel login to my Store B acount using his own email and password? (Because the automated 4digit passcode generated for that cashier which I did in back office is good only if I'm logged in to my account. I will not be there in my Store B everyday, plus I'm thinking about what if he has to void something, will he need my passcode for that and other things that needs permission etc?)

Situation:
I have created store A and store B under my account. I also have created a personnel in the Employee list and the access I gave to him was 'Cashier' for Store B only. And I put all my items for sale specifically in that store B (coz I'm reserving my Store A for other purposes later). He has his own mobile. And my Store B is 2km away from me. And I don't want to make him admin or manager, just a cashier. I only visit my store once a week for inventory purposes but as for the daily sales, my Cashier will report to me at my place bringing the sales with him and hand it to me. 

This is how I run my small retail store and I come from a very small village with most stores operate in traditional way, I just want to automate something this time using technology available to me. Although I go there once or twice a week for inventory purposes, I put my trust in my cashier. We live in the same neighborhood, but of course I only need full management to myself. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

I have only one main store POS with 2 employee's and myself (owner) registered to the main store. However is it only 2 people can be logged into the loyverse pos at a time? One of my staff is logged into the pos. I am also logged into the pos back office, now my 2nd staff is trying to log into the pos to start her shift and a message pops up saying "Sign out from one of your devices or add one more POS in the back office". I have 2 till sections in my shop. Why can't  all 3 of us be logged in at the same time?. I am not even logged into the pos just the back office.  Please help. 

Hello!

It is a simple moment, for each device you have in store must be created a POS in Back office--> Settings --> POS devices. So you can activate this POS yourself or any of your employees from a till you have. If in Settings you have only one POS created, system will ask you to sign out or create a new POS.

Later on each POS is possible to use a PIN code in order to register a sale for particular employee without signing out. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I run a small restaurant and have access rights as owner to POS and Backoffice. We have a Anoroid tablet that we with a Loyverse POS app for sales. This got damaged and so I asked one of the staff to download the POS app on their mobile and I used the sign in details to sign in. Now the app automatically opens the back office when clicked without asking for login details, even after I signed out and deleted the cookies and password history, the app remembers the password, by syncronising with Loyverse. I tried changing the password and again it is syncronising. I have now deactivated the POS and uninstalled from their phone.

I do not want staff to go through the back office details and I cannot be at the till with my phone all the time as I have to get out for purchases etc.

I am not sure how this worked on the Anoroid tablet but not on the phone.

Any suggestions and help appreciated,

Thank you.

Hello! 

By using Employee Management, you can restrict your employees access to the back office. There are two ways on how the employee will be accessing POS (using owner's credentials and employee PIN or using employee's email, password and PIN). 

If you don't want them to know your credentials and be able to access back office using it, you can choose only "manage POS devices" access right in the employee role. This way, your employee will be able to log into the POS using his/her email and password as well as his/her own PIN code. When going to the back office, they will only see the POS devices section there.