Open tickets stock changes

Go Life

I’m on retail & wholesale distribution. 95% of my orders are COD for delivery to be paid at the time of the delivery. The merchandise for those orders are on a delivery vehicle and we don’t know the real inventory until the delivery guy get back and We closed the orders. The other issue is when you make a credit sale to be paid latter. How do we handle this issues? 

Hello. 
Loyverse reduces the stock of items at the time of charging tickets. For most retail businesses, this logic works well. 
We understand the situation may appear when some items are added to the open tickets and should be blocked to be sold again. 
Now we are thinking about how to deal with this in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a similar need. We are a small company dedicated to the production and sale of frozen popsicles at home. I use open tickets to track orders that have not been paid yet, but the inventory is no longer available, we already shipped it. If I charge the ticket to modify the inventory, I have no way to track the pending money. On the other hand, if I keep the order open, I can't see an actual inventory.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! We are in a retail business of Bubble Tea products. Our customers order and reserve products and they pay upon picking up the items. Our problem is not being able to predict the remaining items that we can sell. We cannot guarantee the service that we are selling for we are unsure every time we put them on the tickets. Most of the time we just charge the tickets to avoid these problems. In return, when the charged orders aren't picked up we accumulate a lot of refunds which are also a big headache. 🤕

• 6 months later...

I note that stock levels only update when a sale is completed, I also assume when a refund is done on a stock tracked item it will return to the stock level.

My issue is we are planning this in a bar environment, and using open tickets is ideal as it allows us to run a table/bar tab and come back later to close the sale/ticket which is pretty good and at that point the stock deduction on items works well.

But it only deducts on the sale payment completing, I get this, but it makes it unworkable for real time stock including "low stock" warnings.

Surely this is an issue for restaurants too, see example:

1. Resturant has only 3 lobsters for tonights dinner service

2. First table seated orders all 3 lobsters as they love them, Tom the waiter adds to their tables ticket (not paid).

3. Table two comes in and Mary the waitress seats them and allows one of their attendees to order the lobster with no warning of low stock.

4. Continues on until the kitchen states we are out and someone updates the stock level manually as the lobster sales tickets are still open.

I get the above is a simple example, and that this might not be an issue with 3 of anything, but we are looking at 30 beer barrels, 70 odd pints each and the manual "its out" tracking back and forth with stock updates guessing would be a complete joke.

So is there a way to deduct stock as it is added to a ticket?

Or is there a workaround as the only one I can see is fake "closing" of the sale by cash/card!

Surely this is dodgy as we may end up with a different waiter thinking someone's bill is settled and waving them off with no idea it has not been paid.