How to group items on Loyverse KDS

oasis
Go to solution Solved by Amirah,

for restaurant business we have starters  ,  main courss desserts etc. 

when ordering a table loyverse kitchen display shows all orders as touched in . 

often we take order from one customer ( starter, main course etc). and the next customer. 

loyverse shows these order on KDS   ass   touched in .  so the kitchen display shows   starter, main course person 1 ,  starter , main course , person 2 , etc. 

it would be great if items could be grouped so an item automaticly shows as starter, and another item shows as main course on kitchen display. 

will it be able to add this feature.??

• Solution

It is not possible to do that at the moment with Loyverse. The items on the KDS will be shown based on their orders and not the category (group) they belong to 

• 2 months later...

Hi @oasis, Would you be able to get another couple of tablets? I'm assuming you have just the one KDS but was thinking you could have a starter, mains and dessert KDS device (using the categories in the printer setup) and use the Warning times in the settings to stagger the courses (ie cook when it goes to warning)? So starters go to Warning after 10mins, Mains after 35mins and Desserts after 85mins (times to suit your business). Could cause an issue if someone orders dessert as they finish their main but nothing that couldn't be worked round?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 1:42 AM, oasis said:

for restaurant business we have starters  ,  main courss desserts etc. 

when ordering a table loyverse kitchen display shows all orders as touched in . 

often we take order from one customer ( starter, main course etc). and the next customer. 

loyverse shows these order on KDS   ass   touched in .  so the kitchen display shows   starter, main course person 1 ,  starter , main course , person 2 , etc. 

it would be great if items could be grouped so an item automaticly shows as starter, and another item shows as main course on kitchen display. 

will it be able to add this feature.??

Hello, just discovered loyverse and I'm really happy with it. But for the moment I can't use it for this reason. But I will save it for the future.

This function it is necessary for restaurants.

I saw how it works in other software and they have always an option after every items is selected.

For example some people would like to have a main as a starter, so you would press chicken and then it will give you the option to choose it as starter or main. So when it arrives to the kitchen the order will be separated in starters | mains | drinks | .. . . . . . .  Also this gives you the chance of adding more starters or mains even if lets say you have finished your order but someone said ohh sorry I want also that carpaccio for starter... It will get in the starters section.

If you can add something similar will be very useful for anyone looking for a restaurant POS. Maybe you can put an option to be activated in the back office just for the restaurants, because for other type of business is not that useful but for restaurants it's a must.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards

Edited by Avashiva
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, Avashiva said:

Hello, just discovered loyverse and I'm really happy with it. But for the moment I can't use it for this reason. But I will save it for the future.

This function it is necessary for restaurants.

I saw how it works in other software and they have always an option after every items is selected.

For example some people would like to have a main as a starter, so you would press chicken and then it will give you the option to choose it as starter or main. So when it arrives to the kitchen the order will be separated in starters | mains | drinks | .. . . . . . .  Also this gives you the chance of adding more starters or mains even if lets say you have finished your order but someone said ohh sorry I want also that carpaccio for starter... It will get in the starters section.

If you can add something similar will be very useful for anyone looking for a restaurant POS. Maybe you can put an option to be activated in the back office just for the restaurants, because for other type of business is not that useful but for restaurants it's a must.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards

Hi again,

I was looking at the modifiers and if you activate them I saw you can choose a modifier after item selected...

It would be kind of adding there a new option "order of display" and then select for example first course and then the order will be ordered by your "order of display". Creating categories for order of display in the back office and assigning the order there.

I mean you can write comments there like (first course) but it won't group and order it and is a very slow method, hehe.

Just leaving ideas for this impressive software.

Kind regards and have a good day

• 1 month later...

We work with the Loyverse app on Sunmi handheld, waiter goes to the table and takes in the order, for example table of 6:

1 coke, 1 beer, 1 white wine, 1 coke, 1 beer, 1 coffee

When send to KDS, it displays 6 lines:

1 coke 
1 beer 
1 white wine 
1 coke
1 beer
1 coffee

Of course the most efficient would be:

2 coke
2 beer
1 white whine
1 coffee

Where can I adjust this setting so that it's combined?
We cannot ask everybody 'raise your hand if you want a coke' 🙂

Thanks!

Kind regards

Geoffrey

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 7/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, Geoffrey said:

We work with the Loyverse app on Sunmi handheld, waiter goes to the table and takes in the order, for example table of 6:

1 coke, 1 beer, 1 white wine, 1 coke, 1 beer, 1 coffee

When send to KDS, it displays 6 lines:

1 coke 
1 beer 
1 white wine 
1 coke
1 beer
1 coffee

Of course the most efficient would be:

2 coke
2 beer
1 white whine
1 coffee

Where can I adjust this setting so that it's combined?
We cannot ask everybody 'raise your hand if you want a coke' 🙂

Thanks!

Kind regards

Geoffrey

I have similar issue as asked by Geoffrey, @Admin can you please hlep on this? 

• 1 year later...

Dear Loyverse Team

Geoffrey's issue is an important one to tackle. Large KOT tickets as caused by the first method are very confusing for kitchen staff, especially during peak rush hours. We would appreciate it if it were to be solved as early as possible. The items just need to be grouped together by SKU code or something, so it should be pretty straightforward too.

Thanks

CF Express

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 6:40 AM, cfexpress said:

Dear Loyverse Team

Geoffrey's issue is an important one to tackle. Large KOT tickets as caused by the first method are very confusing for kitchen staff, especially during peak rush hours. We would appreciate it if it were to be solved as early as possible. The items just need to be grouped together by SKU code or something, so it should be pretty straightforward too.

Thanks

CF Express

This one is really an importent one.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 6:40 AM, cfexpress said:

Dear Loyverse Team

Thanks

CF Express

Please @Admin, this is very important. We also need that.

Edited by Nesiks
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This is indeed nice to have and a pre-sort before saving the ticket cannot be that difficult. However you can already today obtain the desired result if the waiter handles the order in another way. Instead of typing the order as shown below

1 coke 
1 beer 
1 white wine 
1 coke
1 beer
1 coffee

You can  order 1 coke, 1 beer, 1 white wine and when the second coke is ordered you tap on the first coke increse the quantity by 1 and save and continue ordering. Second beer ordered open the line with the first beer increase the quantity and save. Order the coffee. And this will be the result on the KDS screen:

2 coke
2 beer
1 white whine
1 coffee

It is of course an extra handling for the waiter.