Cameron

Feature request: Discounts and Gift Vouchers

andres

The more feature gets "likes", then this feature has a bigger chance of being implemented.

Message added by andres

In the back office there should be a feature where an item can be excluded from receiving discounts. This way if a percentage discount were applied to the whole sale and that specific item on the ticket it wouldn't recieve the discount but all the other items would. All items should have the discount feature toggled on but for items not to ever recieve a discount the owner/administrator should have to log into back office and toggle this feature off that way when a cashier applies a discount to the entire sale that one particular item is excluded from being discounted.

• Like 2

We have Maximum Retail Price of items and also Sale Price on many items. Most times, the sale price would be less than the maximum retail price. So, if we entered the item price in Loyverse as Maximum Retail Price, we would have to manually enter the discount at the time of creating the ticket. It is very difficult. If we entered the sale price in Loyverse, then we don't get to show the customer that the item had an MRP of an amount and that they have received a discount on that product. So, would request an option to have auto-discount (% or flat value) applied to certain items.

Can users design labels?

I want to print a label which shows the discounted price together with the original one.

I have also requested previously that fields should be switchable for inclusion on the receipt.  The ability to add UPC, SKU, Category may be important to a store to help with providing the best info and making returns and exchanges easier.  As it stands now, you have to really pack too much info into the description field when you rely on that field as the only one that prints.

Not everyone needs that level of detail so it should be selectable in the receipt config area.  Receipts should also include a rework of discounts.  Discounts should print at the item level, not for the whole ticket. It is too confusing for everyone to understand how discounts apply to items when it does not print that way.

Ideally, this would also facilitate sale pricing where Loyverse adds sale price functionality with the ability to bulk set sale prices by time/date window or at the very least provide the ability to discount an item by a set amount, not the entire ticket only (take $2 off a single item).  When the receipt prints it would show regular price, sale price and amount saved on receipt, like the big stores do! 

When I give a discount the tax is reduced, but the tax should not be reduced it should remain the same and the discount added on after the taxes. Because we still have to pay the government the initial taxes or we can get a fine. There can be no discount on tax only on the item. 

Your question is difficult to understand. All is connected to each other. If the tax is sales tax (VAT), You pay tax on the actual sales (money you make), not the price tag you put on the product. And if the tax is % and the price of the product changes, the tax also changes. If the price of the product is 10 and the tax is 20%, your product price tag is 12 (and tax is 2). If you apply a discount 40% on Your product, the product price is 7.2 and the tax on this is still 20%, but 1.2 bucks. Tax is calculated on actual sales, not potential sales.

Set up each gift voucher denomination as a item (ie 5, 10, 20) and then set up a payment type for Gift vouchers so that it can be selected when reciving one back as payment.

Can we have more control with the discounts. I want to exclude certain catergories and items from being eligible for a discount. That way if a discount is applied, specific items will not recieve that discount.

We recently had to do this and set up a variable discount code to track deposits we had taken from customers fpr a specific event (that we set up as a product in the system).  The only problem we had was that we had to create a custom ticket for each customer that left a deposit for the event and then update the ticket on the day of the event when paid.  

Auto discounts you can set up in the back office for me. It's a must!

Knowing a bit more about what's going on regards to updates would be good too.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Good suggestions!

And configurable receipts. Realize that many food users are happy with receipt as is. For retail we need options like ability to print UPC, SKU or category depending on how we have configured Loyverse.  Our description field needs to be formatted to work for the limited characters the tiles display to make it useful on the tablet. A more ideal receipt for the customer would include the ability for us to toggle on or off fields like the above to have them print as well.  This would make the receipt much like other retail stores. The addition of UPC/bar code makes it very clear what that particular item is.

On the same topic.... sales and discounts.  Loyverse needs an infrastructure where you can configure time limited sales/discounts.  This would also print on the receipt at the line item.  Regular price, sale price.  At the bottom of the receipt, today you saved $xx.xx.  

We get so many customers coming back to us thinking they were overcharged because they do not understand the discount lines separated on the receipt as they apply to the entire sale, not at the item level.

Integration with Moneris Payd, PaydPro payment system?

Finally... since August 2016, in Canada need abillity to round cash sale to +/- $.05. We cheat with a 1 or 2 cent sale or 1 or 2 cent discount but the math sometimes does not work and Loyverse cannot round it exactly to the $.05 level.

• Like 1

like when you want to give an overall/coupon discount, you don't have to worry about the excluded from discount products

Happy Hour pricing. And customizable colors for categories and items beyond the included 8 or so.

• Like 1

Is there a way to discount an entire category?

we buy merchandise by the truck load. each truck load gets a color assigned to it, and that color is made into a category. once that load has been on our sale floor it is discounted by 25%, then a week later 50% then 75% then 90% until it is gone.

but I see no way to discount an entire category. we'd like to be able to scan the barcodes we generate with in loyverse and have them automatically discounted because the category is discounted.

In-store credit could be used in a number of ways.

Returns:
Instead of getting their money back, the customer can apply the cost of their returned purchase against a future purchase

Gift cards:
Right now, the only way to apply gift cards is to use a discount. But I don't think the discount "counts down" as items are purchased over time. 
The fairest way to use customer credit would be to allow the customer to use their credit until it has been exhausted, even over multiple purchases.

So maybe the way to do this would be to

1. create a product type called "credits" which - like discounts - shows up in the categories list - this is how credits are "made"
  2. two credits subtypes
    1. returns: when a product is returned, the clerk issues "return credits" matching the product's original price
    2. gift cards: credits are purchased the way a product would be purchased
    3. notice that the only difference between the two is how they are "purchased" ... returns with an item, gift cards with money
  3. purchased/assigned credits appear in a registered customer's profile (customer must be registered to keep track)
  4. store credits are applied as a product and behave the same way discounts do (against the total purchase)
  5. as purchases are made against the store credits, the available sum ticks down until it reaches 0.

It seems to me that by using this approach, you would only need to tie together existing functionality in the Loyverse architecture. Nothing radically new to create.

• Like 1

Is there a way to colour code discounts in the POS? I am developing Loyverse to work for the visually impaired and a colour would work much like the ones used for items and categories. Thanks in advance. TG

I'd love to be able to apply discounts by item, not only with % discounts as it exists, but also with fixed value discounts (e.g. 2$)

• Like 1

Please add a "gift card" feature. 

1) sell cards / load credit on card

2) redeem cards

Printable cards or/and mobile cards (e-mail or iOS Wallet, ...)

Thanks

Leo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello, This is something I'm also looking for...

In the APP, a new item "eGift Card" would be available. In the settings, we could configure the amount range of the eGift Cards and the validity for example.

When selling a eGift Card, a unique code associated to our account would be generated with a QR code for example. This code and QR code will be sent by email to the buyer so he can print the eGift card. It could be printed as a ticket as well.

During the redeem process, the seller would scan the QR code or type the unique code and the amount will be deducted from the ticket.

Many thanks,

Johan

Gift Receipt !

Some customers would like to get gift receipt (no $$ shown on receipt) to their friends who received the gifts. In case, their friends needed to exchange, they could do it by themselves. I think it is simple programing, no $$ to show and change the receipt title as Gift Receipt.

Exchange !

Some retail shops have NO REFUND policy, customer could exchange products but no refund. That would be able to maintain inventory as well as billing correctly. REFUND+SALES would need to calculate any difference before proceeding payment. Should it be considered? 

Loyverse is hopeless at handling discounts! If there's a line of people waiting to be served you want to get them served as soon as possible, not waste time looking for buttons to click with the relevant discount to apply.

It must be possible to set up a discount in the back office so if someone buys 2 of the same thing the discount is automatically applied. This is an absolute must for grocery stores with any sort of volume of traffic.

Not having this in a pos system aimed at the retail sector makes it look amateurish.

• Like 3

Hi, yes this is must have. If selling example, 1 can of coke VS selling 6 pack at discounted price

• Like 2

New idea came to mind. Cash discount option or added fee for Credit Card with payment options. Beings small business tend to get hit hard by every swipe of a credit card payment, it would be nice to have the ability to add on a percentage charge (or dollar) to the total if credit card is selected as the payment; same for SumUp. And beings this option will never be added to every single order, it would not make sense to add it as a "Tax" to every receipt. Or perhaps proving a cash discount options to entice more people to pay cash would be a fantastic option as well. Once we put in the total and hit Cash, our defined discount kicks in shows the change back with that discount included or something along those lines? 

Have some new ideas to throw out there for you guys.

1. Loyalty points can be used for various items, discounts, or a Gift Certificate. The points will then not be a dollar amount like it is now but can be used how the merchant likes to use it instead. I prefer discounts or items in general.

2. The creation of gift certificates. This could be set up like the customer list, but the certificate numbers are automatic, the amount and date created is entered, customer name, and the balance for each GC is is a running balance with each use until it reaches 0 and then it is empty. You could even tie customer accounts through the loyalty portion into this for their details so they are signed up for loyalty on the spot and they get a GC for themselves or someone else. If we can't get Gift Cards in play, then Gift Certificates is the next best thing and can be ordered from printing companies like Vista Print to give to customers.

3. The ability to turn taxes on or off per item or customer.

4. Associate discounts with SKU and/or UPC so this feature can be added onto advertising material and websites for ease of use. No longer would we have to search through a list of discounts for what we want, we simply scan a barcode or enter the Sku and it comes up. Pretty straight forward and something that is, I think, badly needed.

5. Integration with GloriaFood online ordering. This system is another free service like yours with some paid features. They already have an API available so I really do believe you guys can implement this easily with a few days work. All that it needs to do is push orders from the online service and automatically print a kitchen receipt with perhaps a chime to announce an order. Payment is either already completed online or the customer pays in store upon pickup.

6. More methods of accepting payment. It would be nice to see more pay methods other than SumUp, WorldPay, or CardConnect. Not to mention, all but one of these are rather expensive in regards to credit card processing. So some less expensive alternatives would be great. 

As I have more ideas, I shall share them... But so far the system is great but just needs some attention in regards to competing with services like Square or Toast. The free part is a great spin, but does little in regards to how expansive they are in services compared to yours and people I know would not mind paying a fee for extra services if it means their bottom line in cost is still much lower then these competitor POS systems.

Thanks!

I've hit a problem with the concept of gift vouchers. It is easy to create an item to sell these but the problem comes when wanting to redeem them as part of the payment process.

It doesn't work with discounts as you can only apply these to individual items, not to the overall order total.

It doesn't work using a negative price modifier for the same reason, plus the fact that it won't let you take an item to less than zero cost

It doesn't work with a 'Voucher' payment type as vouchers don't usually equal the order value, but are rather part payments meaning the balance could be a cash or card payment. The issue is when the balance is card payment; you can't split the bill correctly.

The one way I thought it would work was to have an item as a 'Redeem £5 Voucher' but then you can't have a negative value item!

Do, the solution to me seems to be one of two options:-

1) Allow an item to be created with a negative value, i.e. we can add 3 items then a 4th with a -£5 value to reduce the overall value.

2) Allow a discount to be applied to the overall order prior to paying, or even editing of the payment amount.

This should be a very simple thing to allow a certain amount to be taken from the final  order value but it just seems impossible to make this work in Loyverse.

Unless anyone can point out something obvious I am missing?

Hello. Thanks for your work. Really want to suggest creating the possibility to give different percentage of bonuses to different people. 

+1 to be able to exclude a certain category from discount being applied. 

For example, items in "promotions" category are exempted from discounts we add to entire invoice. 

Cumbersome tabs used to manually apply discounts.

Can't customize the discount tabs to make them easier to find.

Can only use the same discount once per ticket. (unbelievable!!!)

Come on Loyverse at least try and keep up with the competition. Any decent POS aimed at the retail sector has discount handling.

I've been asking for improvements in this field for over a year and a half and absolutely nothing has improved in that time. Either improve discount handling or stop aiming it at small/medium sized retail stores.

I like gift cards feature. Please add it