pizza123

Feature request: Restaurant and Coffee shop

andres

The more feature gets "likes", then this feature has a bigger chance of being implemented.

Message added by andres

We have a pizza restaurant. We love Loyverse and we have been using it in our restaurant for over 2 weeks. We need a feature that defines whether a customers order is dine in pick up or delivery. also, we need to be able to save tickets and print receipt.

Hi! I can answer some of your questions. You can actually save tickets, for that the option "Use open tickets" must be activated at your Back Office. Here is a manual from the Loyverse Help Center: https://help.loyverse.com/help/open-tickets

And you can also use a receipt printer to print receipts, also here a link: https://help.loyverse.com/help/supported-printers

Is this what you were looking for?

As a quick solution You can try to use discount definitions. Discount is 0 (money not %) and make one for each (eat in, take out, delivery). You can have several discounts on 1 order, -10% + delivery for example. Later You can view from statistics the summary. Try this, never tested it myself, but should work...

Loyeverse has not delivery options, but is there any way to work it out? How do you do and what was your experience?

For the delivery part, I would recommend the following: create 3 items at $0 for delivery, pickup or dine. This has the following advantage: 1-If you have a kitchen display set, this will show up on it. 2-It will not mess with your discount stats in the backoffice Has for the 2nd part of your question, Crissy was bang on! :) Hope this helps.

Are You planning to add Table view (main page of the app, after login) with a basic minimap of the restaurant? + When You enter the table instead of having Categories from a dropdown list, can we use Categories Icons as first that will show up?

Hey hi there!
There is no delivery feature, it would be nice if one could be added. However here's what you can do:
-Add a delivery item in Loyverse either $0 or at the cost of your delivery service
-When saving your ticket, in the comments section you can add the delivery address and print the ticket for the delivery man.

Hope this helps you. Eric

1. Could You please add Amount of items to be sold, for example, i have a table(restaurant), and I need to sell 9x Tonic, so at the moment I have to click 9 times on Tonic icon instead choosing how many of them I want to add to order. 2. Add sub-categories, for example, Alcohol > Whisky/Vodka/Gin (three sub-categories in an Alcohol category) > (if Vodka) Smirnoff, Wyborowa, Grey Goose, etc. That will help organize a sale for us.

I would like to be able to have a Customer Order and Quote space (currently we have a customer "wish-list" which is difficult to keep track of in writing). It seems the ideal would be another option Order/Quote with the Charge button. It would allow the use of the database without deducting items from stock or accepting money for goods. This Order/Quote system can also send email to Owner (automated) and client (fill in). The tab stays open (like a table tab). Once the goods are in stock, the Order/Quote can be opened up, and converted to an Invoice to client via same email, with Preferred Payment method added. On return of email that Invoice can be converted to a Sale Ticket (which works as normal to Charge. My store is a restaurant, with food crafts section and garden plants (rare) store. As innovative small business my niche is the different, sourcing the rare. I need to provide the niche what big supermarkets cannot offer. I am the link between growers and producers and the public that often may not buy from them. This added functionality will give Loyverse an edge! It would be useful to have this on iOS first. This feature would allow other business functions to integrate with the POS, which is one of the easiest ways of converting quotes to sales. Large businesses do not have such a function with ease either. On the back end it would be easy to get statistics of the conversion rate of growing the business through quotes which are notoriously difficult to follow-up and convert to sales.

You must be happy with the new update! ->

Now it's more easy to define the type of order for your tickets.

I was not able to set a minus -10%. Please assist as this would be useful. And yes, I know how to give a 10% discount.

Hey dev team, is there any way to add delivery cost (flexible rate) in total cost?

The nature of our business is the delivery of fresh produce. Here's what we at Shop Se7en did - We added an item called • Delivery (we put the little dot so it would appear at the top of our list every time and added a little car icon for style) 
Then we put in the unity cost of delivery as $1 - this now is the unit rate per KM of distance which is the rate for delivery (that is the unit we use here in the Caribbean) The further you are away, the more we put in and we use Google maps to give us an accurate distance to the location. 

I have custom tickets to be used as tables for example "Table 1", "Table 2" etc.
Waiter takes the order and saves the transaction as one of the pre-configured custom tickets. Once the customer is finished they'll pay for the table at the cashier.
I've subscribed to the Employee add-on however the report only shows who actually took payment for the table rather who added the items to the table.

What I'd like to see is a report that'll display the following information:
Report 1: Employee sales summary
Employee Name with total $ value of items they've saved.
Condition: Total $ value = total items added where item status is open or paid. If the item is voided then this will not be added.
Cashier could be added in to show who actually took the order and who actually took payment to trace back orders.

Report 2: Employee item sales
Employee Name, Item Name, Total Qty Sold, Total tables served

This seems to be the next wave in tablet ordering systems, the ability for the client to self-order food / drinks @ their own tables.

With tablets being inexpensive now, this wouldn't be to large of an investment for restaurants.  A restaurant can test this feature on a few tables, just to see customer response.  Or have a 1-2 central kiosks where a client can just come to the kiosk to place their order.  This would bring a ton of value to a restaurant, making them innovating and willing to try new tech.  It would also increase order / ticket size.  As well as ordering efficiency (no more waiting for wait staff to come around).  Lastly, reduce / almost eliminate errors due to miscommunication.  If an item sells out, FOH can disable that item instantly in back end.

Client can order from their table, sends / prints direct to kitchen or bar.

Order is then delivered by runners / wait staff.

Client can have ability to pay with Credit Card @ terminal.  Or client can click a button which informs the wait staff they are ready to settle up.

I imagine this wouldn't be too hard to implement, yes, some custom work is required, but essentially it could start off as permissions in the bank end.  Enabling / disabling certain functions.  Like access to items, back office, settings, etc.

Something similar to this: https://cbsnorthstar.com/northstar/northstar-pos-software/restuarant-pos-tablet/

https://www.digisystem.com/solutions/SOL00058/

https://www.lightspeedhq.com/pos/restaurant/self-order-menu/

https://www.touchbistro.com/kiosk/

hi! i was wondering if its possible to add a new role, that would be designed to the waiter from the restaurants, to limitate them and not be allowed to close open tickets, because it is the role from the cashier.

Thanks

We are using 2 POS with Loyverse, so we are not so big. Clients come typically during lunch + dinner time and stay with us for about 1 to 2 hours. They order drinks, soup, main course and desserts. Many of our dishes are daily fresh made, meaning we have a limited stock available.

Things that go wrong with stock management by Loyverse:

1.       Stock is deducted at receipt (=payment) time, which is the moment that the client is leaving. That is up to 2 hours after dishes have been ordered and served. In reality the information about nearly ‘out-of-stock’ items are needed in real time – so when one dessert is ordered then the available stock must show the number in order. Otherwise the risk is big that the ordered dessert will be eaten by another client who finishes the main course faster and orders his dessert later. What I need are 3 figures: (1) stock (like now) minus (2) items-in-order = the (3) available stock for ordering.

2.       The stock available for ordering needs to be updated at the POS. A table may want to order 4 special desserts, while just 3 are still available for ordering. The waiter must get a warning about the non-availability of items (stock minus items-in-order) at the time that he takes an order.

3.       The inventar management needs to display a list of all items where the stock available for ordering is at or below the minimum stock. This information is realtime needed in the kitchen where the chef might decide to quickly prepare extra items of them (and update Loyverse with e.g. 12 extra desserts).

4.       A big minus of Loyverse is the missing stock registration of Modifications. At us e.g. all potato add-ons can be exchanged (about 12 different items in one Modification). The system cannot show the actual stock – but an item inside a Modification is nothing else than another single product item. We cannot make an item for every possible combination because of weekly changing menus and over one thousand of possible combinations.

5.       A less urgent (but nevertheless important) issue is the composition feature. We have experimented with it and it is useless if we cannot combine any item AND deduct the stock from any item. I suggest that anything in Loyverse must first be defined as an ‘item’ (many are not for sale) and then can be used/selected in Modifications and Composition items. Stock registration must be going multiple levels deep – like a sauce is a composition that needs a Cocktail which on its own is a composition with stock registration as well.

I hope fellow small restaurant owners will comment on my findings and update this brief summary with their needs.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:31 PM, Gerjan said:

1.       Stock is deducted at receipt (=payment) time, which is the moment that the client is leaving. That is up to 2 hours after dishes have been ordered and served. In reality the information about nearly ‘out-of-stock’ items are needed in real time – so when one dessert is ordered then the available stock must show the number in order. Otherwise the risk is big that the ordered dessert will be eaten by another client who finishes the main course faster and orders his dessert later. What I need are 3 figures: (1) stock (like now) minus (2) items-in-order = the (3) available stock for ordering.

Second Gerjen's request above. Would be extremely useful in our establishment as we take many telephonic orders for collection later and therefore the current Negative Stock Alert cannot be used. 

We've been using this for a few weeks now at our coffee shop and overall, have been impressed by the software.  Probably the single greatest feature we would like to see is for the software to allow us to swipe, tap or insert a card right after pressing the "charge" button.  Right now, we have to press "charge", then "Credit Card", then go through the tip option all before the system starts to look for the bluetooth card reader.  We have a drive-thru window at our coffee shop and we lose about 8 - 10 seconds per card transaction because of all the extra time lost to get through a card transaction.  The time involved might end up being a deal breaker for us.  If the software could recognize the card reader activity sooner, bypassing the extra screens, we would save very valuable seconds.  Even having the ability for the software to keep the card reader connected in the background would be helpful.  The 5 seconds it takes to search for the card reader each time is eternal for a drive-thru.

i would like to have a partial payment for groups in our café. if one person of a group is leaving i want to split the bill, accept the payment of this person and leave the rest of the bill open. I would like to save it and keep the ticket open, so it is possible to add some things after the first person has left and paid.

as you can see here: https://help.loyverse.com/help/payment-loyvers.

maybe you can add a button "charge later" or "assign amount to customer". so it creates an open ticket for this customer...

Edited by dimi

for next new version is it possible to add notes at payment page?

if add note at open ticket it takes many steps, my resto is fast food, u pay we cock. 

Screenshot_20200302-081912_Loyverse POS.jpg

Pax per ticket is not available and this is a must-have in the industry to have proper stats and take corrective actions. It should be simple to implement. 

Hi...

I love all the products ...thank you very much......as a contribution to your great products I was hoping to have an app where a costumers can order instead of a remote screen display for costumer it would be a great idea costumer ordering apps where we can put near dining area to avoid waiting and  line up of costumer so they can sit and wait to be called for the payments and their order will be process thru KDS after payments …..Please make an app that can work on Android X86 I am planning to make my old PC with a 25 inch screen to a n android device for this.....

Good  Day Team Loyverse,

We would really like if there was an option in the access rights tab to disable waitresses/wait staff from cashing out items. Currently the system allows for this to happen and in my restaurant waitresses are not allowed to cashout items only the cashiers. 

Wait staff should only be able to do the following

1. enter items
  2. send items to kitchen (Admin code needed to resend items)
  3. print bills (admin code needed to reprint bills)
  4. split bill

Wait staff should not be able to cash out an order

Below is a suggestion for a feature that I think has a very positive impact on coffee shops and bars. I think it would be very helpful if there were both the time a ticket was last saved and the time a ticket was first submitted displayed somewhere on the app or at the end, after it is charged.

Also, if there is a way to have a counter of how many times a certain ticket has been charged to see which tables have the most visitors.

Please review these suggestions. Thanks in advance!

I have a bar and common thing to occur is that the same customer orders the same things. it would spend up sales a lot and other bars would be more likely to use pos system that allows open and active tab to be modified faster. It could be a slide feature such as the delete option is or and ability to highlight selected items to repeat. if none of those are capable the ability to click on item and modify amount would also help. Please let me know seangallimore@gmail.com

I would like you make pakage only 1 access right for 1 cashier, with price US$1/month, without other employe management

We need to make changes to the price on the go depending on what the customer orders.

For example, they might order extra meat and I want to $4 to the meat dish.

They may order double size and I want to add $8 to that specific dish by simply clicking on it.

This happens quite often in the food business and the price override feature would be reaaaallllyyyyy helpful!! 🙂

On 9/11/2017 at 9:23 AM, pizza123 said:

We have a pizza restaurant. We love Loyverse and we have been using it in our restaurant for over 2 weeks. We need a feature that defines whether a customers order is dine in pick up or delivery. also, we need to be able to save tickets and print receipt.

Although it is awesome to see that we can choose between takeaway, delivery and dine in, there are two ways that this can be significantly improved.

1. The ability to have different price definitions for takeaway and dine in (we charge customers a different price for dine in vs takeaway)

2. A tab feature that shows takeaway, dine in and delivery VS the current dropdown button that can be easily missed by the staff