Toolbox91

How to edit ticket line items after it is saved?

Question

We are using the open tickets feature to save customer orders for pickup at a later date. The issue is we cannot edit the items on the ticket once it is saved. If a customer decides they no longer want an item or we need to change a price we cannot edit the line. Our only option is to completely void the ticket and rebuild it from scratch. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed

2 answers to this question

We recently discovered that on the Android app (on phone) we have the ability to swipe a saved item to the left, which reveals a trash bin. So although we cannot change the item, we can reenter it as we want it to be and then delete just the original, not the whole ticket. 

There is a slight work-around without having to void the entire ticket, still not how it should work but maybe a little better than voiding the entire ticket...

Open the saved ticket and then use the "Split ticket" option and move the line items you need to remove to the split ticket, then save the tickets and reopen the original saved ticket name. Then of course you need to void the created split tickets at some point to cleanup the system...
Like I said, not great but probably usable if there are many line items on the saved ticket and only 1 or 2 line items to remove...

While I did figure this out myself I also found it here https://loyverse.town/topic/2072-edit-tickets-once-theyre-saved/