How to edit ticket line items after it is saved?

saigal72

We're able to edit Ticket by removing items or  adding items.

But once a ticket is saved. And out of 4 Burgers client changes one of the burgers. We cannot reduce the quantity from 4 to 3. We've to remove all 4 burgers and add a new 3 Burgers.

Also if after saving the ticket, the customer requests not to put veggies in his burger, we cannot edit the modifiers. We've to remove the item altogether and add a new one.

Is there a way around

I have the same issue. My staff often have to ask me to edit their orders after they have saved them due to the customer changing their mind.

I then split the table, move the items to a new table, void the new table, then reassign back to the staff member.

It may be useful to have the ability to change the quantities, and maybe have a slip printed deducting the item as double confirmation of the void which could possibly be signed as confirmation.

Just an idea

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are able to amend data (change amount/variables) on current ticket. This function is lost when we are on saved tickets.

Personally I feel that the ability to make changes should still be made available on saved tickets. The amount of times we need to make changes on saved tickets are not much less compared to those made on current tickets.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are using the open tickets feature to save customer orders for pickup at a later date. The issue is we cannot edit the items on the ticket once it is saved. If a customer decides they no longer want an item or we need to change a price we cannot edit the line. Our only option is to completely void the ticket and rebuild it from scratch. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed

• 2 weeks later...

We recently discovered that on the Android app (on phone) we have the ability to swipe a saved item to the left, which reveals a trash bin. So although we cannot change the item, we can reenter it as we want it to be and then delete just the original, not the whole ticket. 

• 3 months later...

There is a slight work-around without having to void the entire ticket, still not how it should work but maybe a little better than voiding the entire ticket...

Open the saved ticket and then use the "Split ticket" option and move the line items you need to remove to the split ticket, then save the tickets and reopen the original saved ticket name. Then of course you need to void the created split tickets at some point to cleanup the system...
Like I said, not great but probably usable if there are many line items on the saved ticket and only 1 or 2 line items to remove...

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...